Ladies - Long Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

LaLola

On the Ice
German commentators just repeated that they've had Alissa's PCS above Leonova!

Happy for Carolina!

Okami

On the Ice
skatinginbc said:
Wow, Alena LEONOVA has better PCS than Mao's. She even has better SS and TR with that program.

That left me flabbergasted. I like Leonova, but her program had barely any transitions, while Mao's had connecting moves in and out of her every element except for 3A. I even expected her to have the highest TR component of all ladies. But lower than Elena and Miki (who improved a lot presentation-wise, but still has far less transitions in her long program that Mao)? o_O

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Do you think someone did some politiking for her?

Likely. In return for hosting Worlds, Russians probably wanted at least one person on the podium in each discipline. :laugh: Oops, Kostner just bumped Leonova off the podium. It's all up to Makarova now.

Russians need to be careful--Carolina is under Speedy protectorate. :biggrin:

Layfan

Record Breaker
the russian commentatos are mad. heh. even I know what nyet means. But sorry, I liked that better Alena. Glad for Carolina.

Sigh, Alissa. Glad she fought after the fall but sooooooo close to the podium. sigh, sigh.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Do you think someone did some politiking for her?

I wouldn't be able to say. I'm not privy to backstage going ons between federations and ISU judges. Even if that's not the case, I believe judges can let themselves be influenced by fact
1. She has the crowd's support.
2. It's her home country.
Maybe they're not completely conscious of the fact they're being influenced, but it's definitely in their heads somewhere.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A respectable showing by Kostner was easily going to place ahead of Leonova. Caro has the best skating skills in the world among the women.

berrycute

On the Ice
Blah here comes the conspiracy drama.. I bet not even Piseev was hoping on Alena having the SOHL. Im not saying She didnt get home bonus points but shes not to blame if Alissa falls..

oh please, there's been way to much disputed judging of Russians in skating for it to be a conspiracy theory any more. They do it, and everyone knows it!

Kissx3

Final Flight
Needs to be perfect. Bank on Kostner's mistakes and the SP lead since her PCs will likely be a few points lower.

jan

On the Ice
Interesting comment by the Canadian commentator that Makarova skates high in the knee. I prefer her her over Leonova.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ksenia MAKAROVA (RUS)

SP: 3rd
Music: Evita by Andrew Lloyd Webber
SB: 107.10

3F
3T+3T
3Lo
CCoSp
ChSp
3Lo - hard fall, no combo
2A+2T+2Lo
3S+2T
2A
LSp
SlSt
FSSp - stumbles on exit

Good effort

Layfan

Record Breaker
so kostner wins bronze unless there is some really awful scoring. Good for her! Geez she just can never be counted out, huh?

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I think Makarova is a better skater than Leonova also. Interesting to see what the judges do with this.

ETA: Wow, low tech score. Must be some downgrades? I know she didn't have a lutz, right?