Ladies - Long Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
That's unfortunate. Yu-Na lost by a missing double toe loop. I thought her step sequence was chilling and haunting, and I think she should keep this program for next year. It was just under-seasoned. I'm surprised she didn't include a 2A+3T in her program.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Would be interesting to know what the Brit Eurosport commentator(s) had to say about the placements?
Anyone?
TIA!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Whoa! Both Mao's 3axel and the 3t after her 2a got <<, as in an actual downgrade to doubles. That is only supposed to happen if the jump is landed more than 180 degrees short of rotation, i.e. landed forward? I'd have to see the slo-mo, but it didn't look like that happened here?

alexeifan

On the Ice
what happened to yuna and mao? They kind of skate like they don't care anymore, there's no heart or passion. Poor Alissa :( at least she didn't bomb tho.

very exciting for miki!!:biggrin:

Kissx3

Final Flight
Good on both Carolina and Alissa for staging solid comebacks this season when they were being marked for retirement by so many last year. Listening to her speak here, I'm really happy for Miki as well that she was able to bring back a gold for Japan.

Yuna did pretty well for not competing this year. Of course she probably would've blown everyone else out of the water in both segments if she had so I guess relatively it was a pretty bad event for her all around.

Layfan

Record Breaker
If Alissa had landed that lutz clean...she would have had a bronze medal. So close! But 5th isn't shabby, considering everyone had written her off a year ago.

It's not shabby but I would have been so thrilled with a fifth place finish if she had been clean. And the lutz is her best jump.
Still, you gotta hand it to her for not falling apart. I'm glad she looked happy at the end of it all. And her program was gorgeous as usual.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Makarova did one to many combos, and thus got her 3S+2T invalidaded. Otherwise she wouls have finished above Asada in 6th.

zephyrskates

On the Ice
Not competing both of her programs at least once really hurt Yuna. Losing by less than two points, it is a shame. That level one spin hurt her this time. That was the difference (and maybe a double toe on her salchow combo). Congratulations Miki, well deserved. You are the best skater THIS YEAR. Hopefully Yuna returns next year, I adore this LP so I hope she keeps it. I won't mind if she changes Giselle.

cooper

Medalist
Proud of Yuna. 13 months away from the competition and managed to get at least the silver. once again she never miss a podium!!! :laugh:

katymay

Medalist
Pretty much came out exactly as it should have....and congrats to Carolina-usually she falls apart in the second half of the program, but not today. Great job. As far as the US losing 3 places? Do we really need three? In the interest of good skating, I would rather Japan have 5 places and the US have 1, or at the most, 2. And given the performances of our Junior ladies, one place may well be enough. Sorry, but I pretty much see marai and that's about it, none of the rest really seem ready for prime time.

treeloving

Medalist
Congratulation Caro, Yuna and

MIKI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , after that 2A-3T combo I don't expect that she will beat Yuna but it seems BV of Yuna cause her this time.

I'm a bit sad for Crizny but she really did herself proud this season.

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I dunno who of Caro,Czisny or Leonova I would have given the Bronze to be honest..

Carolina was kinda gifted in the SP, without that cushion she wouldnt be on the podium.
Alena was on fire but those PCS were inflated. Alissa was way too cautious in both events and that fall cost her.

They are all separted byt only 2 pnts anyway so its not a biggie.

bibi24

Final Flight
If Rachael was hurt, I wish she would let Mirai go to Worlds.

That's the spot Rachael won, and she is pleased to do whatever she wants with it. Not everything is about country spots for the next year. Rachael could have had once last hoorah before college, or used this as experience or her fans.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Yu-na should have competed at 4CC. Her Arirang program deserved better. Giselle was awful, everything sloppy except the 2A, and the program didn't live up to the "artistic hype" her team was building. Hope she stays and skates her programs to her full potential because, seriously, Arirang is worth a second try.

Congratulations to Miki and Caro K. Someone feed Mao. Her lack of stamina was evident in her LP. I've never seen her spin so slow.

I'm bummed by the competition in general, so I might just skip my usual extensive commentary.