Ladies - Long Program | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm not getting the comments about Yuna's Arirang skate lacking spark or lack of passion or whatever. Were you watching this on broadcast or on a computer screen? Because on my high quality 42" TV screen, there was nothing blah about her performance quality at all. It was the superior one of the competition.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Not competing both of her programs at least once really hurt Yuna. Losing by less than two points, it is a shame. That level one spin hurt her this time. That was the difference (and maybe a double toe on her salchow combo). Congratulations Miki, well deserved. You are the best skater THIS YEAR. Hopefully Yuna returns next year, I adore this LP so I hope she keeps it. I won't mind if she changes Giselle.

The ChSp1 is not a spin but a choreographed spiral.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I fell asleep before the last group started. Seems that I haven't missed much except that I'll go check Carolina out. Don't understand why Mao got such low PCS. I guess that was why I fell asleep.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Geez, Mao's 3A was <<! This is simply wrong, she landed on one foot, that 3A was only "<". I saw it on the replay. Amano really hates her!
I don't know anyone would think Yuna won after she skated. She needed to be clean and she wasn't. With that 1F she lost the title, it was clear!
Congrats to the ladies!
Sad about Mao here

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Yu-na's crying, probably because she wanted to deliver Arirang clean and perfect for her country :(

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
If getting silver here means that Yu-Na sticks around... I'm all for it! Her Worlds record isn't as stellar as it could be.

uncertainty

Rinkside
Kim's Homage to Korea was so beautiful... so delicate and sophisticated.
I wish she would use it on shows later under no pressure of competition.
Congrats to Ando, Kim, and Kostner :)

Layfan

Record Breaker
I dunno who of Caro,Czisny or Leonova I would have given the Bronze to be honest..

Carolina was kinda gifted in the SP, without that cushion she wouldnt be on the podium.
Alena was on fire but those PCS were inflated. Alissa was way too cautious in both events and that fall cost her.

They are all separted byt only 2 pnts anyway so its not a biggie.

I would have given it to Alissa just cause :)
no but seriously, I'm happy for Caro and I think she deserved it. My feed was freezing and I haven't seen the protocols but it's just my feeling. Alena was awesome but she just doesn't have the polish or smoothness to her skating.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
If getting silver here means that Yu-Na sticks around... I'm all for it! Her Worlds record isn't as stellar as it could be.

So true! She's got a ways to go before she catches up with Michelle Kwan.
(There! I've been trying to work MK into this thread the entire day. :) )

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I'm not getting the comments about Yuna's Arirang skate lacking spark or lack of passion or whatever. Were you watching this on broadcast or on a computer screen? Because on my high quality 42" TV screen, there was nothing blah about her performance quality at all. It was the superior one of the competition.

Agreed. I felt Yu-Na Kim throughout the entire performance even on the computer screen. Subtlety does not mean a lack of passion.

dlgpffps

Final Flight

Word. This performance was great, much better than what she gave for her SP, which clearly lacked the Yu-na "wow" factor.

Iscariot

On the Ice
I am seriously in love with Yuna's music, shame she singled the double toe, that would've give her the title
Congrats Miki!!!!