Ladies - Long Program | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Spots for Next year:

JPN and RUS = 3 spots
KOR, ITA, USA, FIN and GEO = 2 spots. (some 2nd tier skater should switch to Georgia and take that second spot LOL)

CAN and SWE drop to only 1 spot.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I am thrilled! :biggrin: Congratulations to Miki on her second World title! :rock: Also, congratulations to Yu-Na and Carolina, I'm also very happy for them!

Oh Mao... :cry:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
It's funny that Miki won with her worst performance of the LP in the entire season :)) This just shows how strong she was this year!! I've never seen such consistency for some time!
Plus, this season neither Mao or Yuna won a single competition!(yes, I know this was Yuna's only competition and that Mao made some changes in her technique, but it's funny to put it this way:) )

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Miki, Yuna and Caro.

I am just thrilled for Miki, well deserved gold for her and Caro what an elegant program she skated, just loved it. To bad about Yuna's mistakes. I thought she skated beautifully.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
So much to read! But I've done the math.

Worlds next year, Ladies:

Japan earns 3 entries again
Russia earns 3 entries :)
USA earns 2 entries again
Georgia earns 2 entries
Korea earns 3 entries
Italy earns 2 entries
------
Canada goes down to one entry
Sweden goes down to one entry
Finland goes down to one entry

Last edited:

treeloving

Medalist
It's funny that Miki won with her worst performance of the LP in the entire season :)) This just shows how strong she was this year!! I've never seen such consistency for some time!
Plus, this season neither Mao or Yuna won a single competition!(yes, I know this was Yuna's only competition and that Mao made some changes in her technique, but it's funny to put it this way:) )

And I'm quite sure that she won in FS in all competition,right?

Lucky Star

Final Flight

Russia earns 2 entries again
Georgia earns 2 entries
Korea earns 2 entries
Italy earns 2 entries
------

Russia got 3 spots! Alena is 4th and Ksenia is 7th 4+7<13 ;)

magicalwords

On the Ice
thanks for youtube video of Yuna's LP! much better than stream I watched, I was able to fully appreciate Yuna's marvelous program once again. Her 3-3 was simply one of the best I've ever seen. That 3Lz was out of the world.

lavender

Record Breaker
Happy for Miki, Yu na and Carolina. Carolina has the best long program this season imo then Alissa. Haven't seen Yu na's yet.

I wish there was room for Alissa and Mao but I'm proud that Alissa is top 5. She did her job but Rachel....anyhoo.

So glad there were no hometown conspiracies/cheating in the ladies because that wouldn't have made sense to me.

Still kinda of a weird worlds.

Last edited:

ILoveFigures

On the Ice

Georgia earns 2 entries
Korea earns 2 entries
Italy earns 2 entries
------

Korpi finished 9th, therefore 2 spots for Finland next year.

SamuraiKike

Medalist

Georgia earns 2 entries
Korea earns 2 entries
Italy earns 2 entries
------

Russia gets THREE spots: 4th + 7th = 11 points.
Finland gets TWO spots: 9th plust 16points for Turkkila = 25 (everyone who makes the LP ang places 16th or higher gets 16 points).

katymay

Medalist
Consider from the past result, to be honest I expect Yuna to get high enough PCS to beat Miki but she didn't get it this time. That gave a chance for Miki to win as she has higher base value.

There are some wonderful things about the choreography, and some not so wonderful things. The back bent leg spiral-ugh. footwork-wonderful. Spread eagle w/bent knee, not so wonderful. (Can anyone other than Sasha do this correctly? I'm beginning to wonder) Some of it just doesn't flow very well. Yuna basically missed her first three elements, (including a substandard spin). Watching the 3L though, she still has the greatest jumping tech I've ever seen for a woman. Miki is uninspired, but solid. I might have put Yu Na 3d to be honest.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I really liked Yuna's LP and thought as usual her dress was stunning.
A few mistakes but she is still such a great skater.

Proud of Alissa and I hope she comes back next season. I still don;t think we have seen her best. A slightly more CoP friendly program (wild arm flapping, disjointed steps not in time with the music, etc) could be enough to get her on the podium. ;)

On the othe rhand I prefer her elegant style and think her skating is beautiful.

Cheers to Miki and Caro and a huge sigh of relief that the unpolished junior skating of Alena did not medal here. Having spunk is not the same as having TR, good CH and SS.

KKonas

Medalist
I think the judging was right. Miki wasn't great but she was the best over the two programs. Her jumps were clean and she has really improved in terms of artistic expression and connection the music. I am also glad to have a Japanese gold medalist after the earthquake and tsunami. Miki is a sweetie.

Kim is a great skater, but her program was undercooked. It lacked spark and transitions, and honestly, it was pretty boring. The jumps weren't there. I would have been disappointed if she had won with that.

Carolina was my favorite of the day. Magical skating. It went by so fast! Made her typical mistakes, but I'm glad she medaled.

Maybe it's not a popular opinion, but Leonova was fabulous. She has her flaws, but you can't never blame her for not presenting her programs and being interesting. I think more ladies could use that.

Alissa...oh Alissa, if it weren't for that fall....

Agree completely with your analysis. Ando has improved in expression, Kim was lackluster, Kostner was wonderful and Leonova attacked her program. Czisny was almost there. Flatt was disappointing - no fire - so slow. Poor Mao - I wish she would eat something.

JDLutz

Rinkside
Yeah!! my 3rd posting, but anyways...

I'm happy overall with the standings. The podium was correct, although I would have had Yuna, 2nd SP and 1st LP, and Miki 1st SP and 2nd LP. So happy for Caro, what a season for her, although I wish that Czisny would have been on that podium, but hopefully this inspires here to stick around :) I would have had her in 4th over Leonova, but 5th is still pretty good :). I mean going from 10th at US nationals, to 5th in the world in just one season, thats quite inspiring.

Other than Alissa,My highlights for this competition were Ksenia Makarova, Alena Leonova, Elene Gedevanishvili, and Sarah Hecken. Its was great to see the Russian ladies step it up, not for that allured 3rd spot, but for themselves, after being written off because of Adelina, Liza and etc. Its nice that they showed that they arent going anywhere :-D

Although Elene's FS wasnt perfect, it had that fire that she needed, hopefully this is a stepping home in the career, moving from 15th to 10th is quite something, very proud of her.

Im glad Hecken pretty much had the competition of her life here, i bet nobody expected her to be 12th after the short, much less move up to 11th!!! I think she along with Meite have made quite the statement.

Last edited: