Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Long Program

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kappa_1 View Post
    So I guess this means Kostner medals every three years? Just in time for Sochi!!!
    And Miki seems to like the post Olympic years so maybe she'll become a three time champion in 2015

Custom Title

Custom Title
    That's unfortunate. Yu-Na lost by a missing double toe loop. I thought her step sequence was chilling and haunting, and I think she should keep this program for next year. It was just under-seasoned. I'm surprised she didn't include a 2A+3T in her program.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Would be interesting to know what the Brit Eurosport commentator(s) had to say about the placements?
    Anyone?
    TIA!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Whoa! Both Mao's 3axel and the 3t after her 2a got <<, as in an actual downgrade to doubles. That is only supposed to happen if the jump is landed more than 180 degrees short of rotation, i.e. landed forward? I'd have to see the slo-mo, but it didn't look like that happened here?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by berrycute View Post
    oh please, there's been way to much disputed judging of Russians in skating for it to be a conspiracy theory any more. They do it, and everyone knows it!
    Yeah I bet Alissa was paid to fall as part of the conspirancy too..:sheesh:

what happened to yuna and mao? They kind of skate like they don't care anymore, there's no heart or passion. Poor Alissa :( at least she didn't bomb tho.

very exciting for miki!!

Custom Title
    Good on both Carolina and Alissa for staging solid comebacks this season when they were being marked for retirement by so many last year. Listening to her speak here, I'm really happy for Miki as well that she was able to bring back a gold for Japan.

Yuna did pretty well for not competing this year. Of course she probably would've blown everyone else out of the water in both segments if she had so I guess relatively it was a pretty bad event for her all around.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    If Alissa had landed that lutz clean...she would have had a bronze medal. So close! But 5th isn't shabby, considering everyone had written her off a year ago.
    It's not shabby but I would have been so thrilled with a fifth place finish if she had been clean. And the lutz is her best jump.
    Still, you gotta hand it to her for not falling apart. I'm glad she looked happy at the end of it all. And her program was gorgeous as usual.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Makarova did one to many combos, and thus got her 3S+2T invalidaded. Otherwise she wouls have finished above Asada in 6th.

Custom Title
    Great competition! Thanks all skaters :-)

I am uploading British EuroSport slowly but surely here,
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=1777E85DD1CFA17F
    Last edited by bibi24; 04-30-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Custom Title
    If Rachael was hurt, I wish she would let Mirai go to Worlds.

I'll try defying gravity, you can't pull me down zephyrskates's Avatar
    Not competing both of her programs at least once really hurt Yuna. Losing by less than two points, it is a shame. That level one spin hurt her this time. That was the difference (and maybe a double toe on her salchow combo). Congratulations Miki, well deserved. You are the best skater THIS YEAR. Hopefully Yuna returns next year, I adore this LP so I hope she keeps it. I won't mind if she changes Giselle.

Proud of Yuna. 13 months away from the competition and managed to get at least the silver. once again she never miss a podium!!!

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast