Ladies - Long Program | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

rossdale

Match Penalty
Yes, but Yu-Na did not skate like it she did at the Olympics. She was lackluster, made technical errors and her spins were subpar. It really showed that it was the first time skating this program. Miki skated cleaner and had a high base value. No, it was not her best, but it was better than what Yu-na put out here.

I agree...the ladies have not been exciting lately. I thought the men and pairs were the best part of this competition. It seems like we're getting the contenders to skate to their potential in the other 3 disciplines. In the ladies, not so much.

The ladies have not been exciting lately because of boring skaters like Miki. If a beautiful skater like Alissa wins with her flawless execution, it would be more interesting. All I see from most of skaters, especially someone like Miki, is only jump, jump and jump without soul.

rossdale

Match Penalty
At the end, figure skating fans remember masterpieces by skaters. Katarina Witt's Carmen, Alexei Yagudin's winter.. and Yuna's dance macabre/Gershwin concerto F... Arirang is so beautiful and has a lot of potential to be one of Yuna's masterpieces.. Hopefully, if she wants to complete next season, we would see another masterpiece..

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I dont want Yuna to compete any events hosted by ISU. ISU, they dont deserve to bring the greatest skater like Yuna.. Why dont you bother ??? Miki Ando? World Champion with that performance??? You gotta kiddding....

So Kim losing is ISU fault?? :rolleye: In case u forgetten, FS is still a sport no matter how u spin it. Miki made the least amount of mistake of the 24 skaters. She won it fair and square by follwing the rules. If fans want her to won every competition regard less of if she stay on her feet or furfill the requirement, because she has such better artistic qualities, maybe beauty peagent will be better.

chloepoco

Medalist
The ladies have not been exciting lately because of boring skaters like Miki. If a beautiful skater like Alissa wins with her flawless execution, it would be more interesting. All I see from most of skaters, especially someone like Miki, is only jump, jump and jump without soul.

Miki won because she was the best at this competition. Get over it.

rossdale

Match Penalty
So Kim losing is ISU fault?? :rolleye: In case u forgetten, FS is still a sport no matter how u spin it. Miki made the least amount of mistake of the 24 skaters. She won it fair and square by follwing the rules. If fans want her to won every competition regard less of if she stay on her feet or furfill the requirement, because she has such better artistic qualities, maybe beauty peagent will be better.

I suspect you dont know the definition of PCS...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

hmmmmm so Miki Ando has been skating since 1989 (when I started watching skating, and I've always preferred the other events) on the world scene? wow she has staying power.

In other words, I don't buy into one skater or one event being the end all for why a disipline or the sport itself has become predictable and boring. Some people love the ladies no matter who is winning, because to them it's exciting, and they don't "get" the love of ice dance... or men's... or pairs...

Last edited:
Ando skated with verve and grace. She won the competition.

A little grace and forbearance on the part of fans of other skaters would show class.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Nada... Miki? never

I was not one who thought Miki would win. I thought it would come down to a battle between Yuna and Mao. I was wrong about that and Miki delivered the goods with a very clean SP and a very solid LP. The others made more mistakes.

I am happy for Miki who has been a terrific skater for many years. She is also an exceptionally nice young lady and a most worthy two-time World champion.

I can add that the Japanese skaters came to Moscow with heavy hearts. I think they handled themself with dignity and grace and Japan, along with skating fans from all over the world are proud of them.

rossdale

Match Penalty
I was not one who thought Miki would win. I thought it would come down to a battle between Yuna and Mao. I was wrong about that and Miki delivered the goods with a very clean SP and a very solid LP. The others made more mistakes.

I am happy for Miki who has been a terrific skater for many years. She is also an exceptionally nice young lady and a most worthy two-time World champion.

I can add that the Japanese skaters came to Moscow with heavy hearts. I think they handled themself with dignity and grace and Japan, along with skating fans from all over the world are proud of them.

You know what? I was expecting that Miki or Mao would win the competition and judges would honor them advantages to express sympathy.. It is so sad what happened in Japan. It is well known that a lot of politics are involved in figure skating world... It could be money, sponsorship, nationality and race etc. As I said, I am happy to enjoy great programs newly introduced in this competiton... and disappointed with the results. That's it...

brightphoton

Medalist
Yuna has always been willowy. Miki looks much better this year, and not so coincidentally, hasn't she been living and training in the U.S.? Funny how that seems to work out. Live and train under the japanese system-and No Food For You. Beginning with Midori Ito, (who almost died as I recall ) and ending (if only) with Mao. I think there is a Giant Pink Elephant in the room, and it is time that someone official intervened. Will they? Probably only when a skater finally dies.

But Midori Ido was no pixie. Her quadriceps were huge. I didn't know she went through food issues too.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Apparently Midori Ito had anorexia when she made a comeback in 1996, and that's partly why she skated so badly.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
People keep talking about Miki's age and how she's too old to stick around for Sochi but I think people are forgetting she's a year younger than Carolina and 6 months younger than Alissa... If people think those two will be fine for Sochi, why not Miki?

L

lowtherlore

People keep talking about Miki's age and how she's too old to stick around for Sochi but I think people are forgetting she's a year younger than Carolina and 6 months younger than Alissa... If people think those two will be fine for Sochi, why not Miki?

Exactly. It's definitely doable for all three ladies and I can totally see Miki competing in Sochi.

bibi24

Final Flight

I think mileage is also a factor in addition to age. Miki just seems to have been around longer than others.

Krislite

Medalist
For all those people saying that Yuna should have tried out her new programs at earlier competitions, they pretty much got their wish. When she arrived in Korea after the gala, Yuna strongly implied--but did not officially confirm--that she will skate at next year's 4CC and Worlds. (By this I mean she denied competing at next season's GP, but acknowledged she should do at least one competition before Worlds and mentioned the possibility of 4CC.)

There you have it.

Last edited: