Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Long Program

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Yes, but Yu-Na did not skate like it she did at the Olympics. She was lackluster, made technical errors and her spins were subpar. It really showed that it was the first time skating this program. Miki skated cleaner and had a high base value. No, it was not her best, but it was better than what Yu-na put out here.

I agree...the ladies have not been exciting lately. I thought the men and pairs were the best part of this competition. It seems like we're getting the contenders to skate to their potential in the other 3 disciplines. In the ladies, not so much.
    The ladies have not been exciting lately because of boring skaters like Miki. If a beautiful skater like Alissa wins with her flawless execution, it would be more interesting. All I see from most of skaters, especially someone like Miki, is only jump, jump and jump without soul.

Banned
    At the end, figure skating fans remember masterpieces by skaters. Katarina Witt's Carmen, Alexei Yagudin's winter.. and Yuna's dance macabre/Gershwin concerto F... Arirang is so beautiful and has a lot of potential to be one of Yuna's masterpieces.. Hopefully, if she wants to complete next season, we would see another masterpiece..

Banned
    I loved it!! Virtue/Moir and Davis/White are true rivals

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    I dont want Yuna to compete any events hosted by ISU. ISU, they dont deserve to bring the greatest skater like Yuna.. Why dont you bother ??? Miki Ando? World Champion with that performance??? You gotta kiddding....
    So Kim losing is ISU fault?? In case u forgetten, FS is still a sport no matter how u spin it. Miki made the least amount of mistake of the 24 skaters. She won it fair and square by follwing the rules. If fans want her to won every competition regard less of if she stay on her feet or furfill the requirement, because she has such better artistic qualities, maybe beauty peagent will be better.

Custom Title
    The ladies have not been exciting lately because of boring skaters like Miki. If a beautiful skater like Alissa wins with her flawless execution, it would be more interesting. All I see from most of skaters, especially someone like Miki, is only jump, jump and jump without soul.
    Miki won because she was the best at this competition. Get over it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    So Kim losing is ISU fault?? In case u forgetten, FS is still a sport no matter how u spin it. Miki made the least amount of mistake of the 24 skaters. She won it fair and square by follwing the rules. If fans want her to won every competition regard less of if she stay on her feet or furfill the requirement, because she has such better artistic qualities, maybe beauty peagent will be better.
    I suspect you dont know the definition of PCS...

Custom Title
    I think you'd be surprised at how much PCS is actually technical, not artistic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Miki won because she was the best at this competition. Get over it.
    Enjoy her programs!! at Youtube.

hmmmmm so Miki Ando has been skating since 1989 (when I started watching skating, and I've always preferred the other events) on the world scene? wow she has staying power.

In other words, I don't buy into one skater or one event being the end all for why a disipline or the sport itself has become predictable and boring. Some people love the ladies no matter who is winning, because to them it's exciting, and they don't "get" the love of ice dance... or men's... or pairs...
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 05-01-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Custom Title
    Enjoy her programs!! at Youtube.
    Perhaps you should do the same too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Perhaps you should do the same too.
    Nada... Miki? never

Ando skated with verve and grace. She won the competition.

A little grace and forbearance on the part of fans of other skaters would show class.

Nada... Miki? never
    I was not one who thought Miki would win. I thought it would come down to a battle between Yuna and Mao. I was wrong about that and Miki delivered the goods with a very clean SP and a very solid LP. The others made more mistakes.

I am happy for Miki who has been a terrific skater for many years. She is also an exceptionally nice young lady and a most worthy two-time World champion.

I can add that the Japanese skaters came to Moscow with heavy hearts. I think they handled themself with dignity and grace and Japan, along with skating fans from all over the world are proud of them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
    I was not one who thought Miki would win. I thought it would come down to a battle between Yuna and Mao. I was wrong about that and Miki delivered the goods with a very clean SP and a very solid LP. The others made more mistakes.

I am happy for Miki who has been a terrific skater for many years. She is also an exceptionally nice young lady and a most worthy two-time World champion.

I can add that the Japanese skaters came to Moscow with heavy hearts. I think they handled themself with dignity and grace and Japan, along with skating fans from all over the world are proud of them.
    You know what? I was expecting that Miki or Mao would win the competition and judges would honor them advantages to express sympathy.. It is so sad what happened in Japan. It is well known that a lot of politics are involved in figure skating world... It could be money, sponsorship, nationality and race etc. As I said, I am happy to enjoy great programs newly introduced in this competiton... and disappointed with the results. That's it...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    Yuna has always been willowy. Miki looks much better this year, and not so coincidentally, hasn't she been living and training in the U.S.? Funny how that seems to work out. Live and train under the japanese system-and No Food For You. Beginning with Midori Ito, (who almost died as I recall ) and ending (if only) with Mao. I think there is a Giant Pink Elephant in the room, and it is time that someone official intervened. Will they? Probably only when a skater finally dies.
    But Midori Ido was no pixie. Her quadriceps were huge. I didn't know she went through food issues too.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast