Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance - FD

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Speed, difficulty, unison, perfection. They totally won me over and I haven't been excited about them since the Indian dance. Congrats to them and all the medalists. I just wish there were another one for C/L because they were romantic perfection.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Also during Tessa/Scott's FD's Diana Krall (a singer I never cared for, but damn if she didn't get her Kathleen Turner smokey voice on here) section, where the music was overwhelmingly sexual and sultry, they had absolutely no heat at all. I was really quite taken aback by how much the choreography didn't match the mood of the music.

I love love love samba dancing. Unfortunately, my fave ice dancing team doing samba turned out to be a huge disappointment. :(

Davis/White were ON! A well deserved world gold for the couple at long last!

Custom Title
    and they do win.

Custom Title
    V/M just have a faster paced dance that easily sweeps one into it. But they were outskated by D/W with a sexy, sophisticated tango.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Oh hurray!!!! I think it's right. They seemed crisper and more energetic to the end. Expected it to be closer.

Two American medals!!!! And the first gold!! Hehe. I remember Hersh gloomily predicting just one medal for Americans at worlds. I don't think he even mentioned the Shibutanis. too busy lamenting the state of American singles.

On the Ice
    Pechalat and Bourzat would have been on the podium if those 2 falls hadn't happened. While i am very happy for the Shibutanis, I am also sad for P/B because they have really worked hard.

Custom Title
    It's not a North American thing. It's a Canton thing.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    LMAO, I knewwwwww this would happen. I knew Virtue/Moir would skate better and Davis/White would win anyway because they are "due" and competed the whole season.
    "due"?!, please, V/M might've won the oscar for best adapted (screenplay) ballroom dancing, but D/W were exquisite, elegant, refined, and performed a COMPLETE program. Yes, their development and growth through the season is an advantage but it isn't the reason why they "gave" them the title.

Oh, that was sweet of Meryl to "give part of their achievement" to the US teams that came before. And now their Russian coaches. Good for her.

I'm so proud of them & the Shibs. D/W had to fight so hard to beat such a fabulous team as V/M! I didn't think they had it in them. I'm sure the rivalry will continue!

Custom Title
    Um...OK? Good for D/W I guess. I still don't get where 111 came from, especially since that was a pretty passionless tango, but whatever. I wonder if levels had something to do with the scoring discrepencies here. Really, I can even understand D/W winning, but not by that much. V/M were fab, regardless. Good for both teams :D

Custom Title
    This was so exciting! lol Play it again, Sam! lol Later

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I remember Hersh gloomily predicting just one medal for Americans at worlds. I don't think he even mentioned the Shibutanis. too busy lamenting the state of American singles.
    Here you err. He did single them out and there's a picture of them in his column. Don't think he expected them to medal, though!

I'm totally thrilled for Meryl and Charlie.
    Off course I'm sad for Nathalie and Fabian cause their FD is lovely and they really had a chance of a medal.
    Despite the overall result, don't count Ekaterina & Dmitri and Elena & Nikita out. Next year I'm pretty sure they'll be stronger and more experienced.

Custom Title
    Congrats to the medalists! Really happy for Davis/White for their first world title, the Shibs for their first medal, and Virtue/Moir for their silver medal.

I'm really not a nationalist when it comes to ice skating, but I can't help beaming at what these two teams have done for US skating. I hope they get the praise and fame they deserve.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast