Ice Dance - FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - FD

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
I'm so amazed at Madison and Greg!! They always managed to perform this so well and outgoing without seeming nervous or scared at all :) They're wonderful!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I thought Anna and Luca's FD was magical. I was so lost in it I didn't even think about how this is a competition or that my fave team V/M skated to it. Not that they're the greatest ice dancers ever, but I enjoyed it.

And now Madison and Greg does The Greatest Figure Skating Program Ever! And yes, I am only saying that 'cause it's my avatar. But I do love this program. It's so ridiculously zany!

C/Z on the other hand - I can't stand this program and the words are very distracting. It doesn't do anything but show up this team's weaknesses. Out of sync on twizzles. I went back to my proofreading while they skated.

:laugh: At least SB & I agree about C/L.

kensal

Rinkside
WOW, what a serious accusation Novitsky just made on Russian TV against Schpilband!!!

CassAgain

On the Ice
Go Vanessa and Paul! They should be able to make up significant ground here.

WOW, what a serious accusation Novitsky just made on Russian TV against Schpilband!!!

Do tell.

100yen

Medalist
Great from C/P except those twizzles! But I still feel a little that Paul doesn't quite match Vanessa's level of expression so it looks a bit uneven at times.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
And now, a poem about Crone/Poirier's FD:

'Nessa in red
Pauly in blue
That cover was awful
The Beatles should sue

I don't get Eleanor Rigby as an ice dance soundtrack. I mean they're practically glued together for the whole dance - how are you supposed to see "all the lonely people"? just because they wear dreary costumes and make faces and fists at the end? Jeez. Didn't like this one at all.

kensal

Rinkside
Go Vanessa and Paul! They should be able to make up significant ground here.

Do tell.

He stated that, according to information he has, Schpilband gets the insider info from ISU about any new rules, way way ahead any changes to the rules are implemented.:)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight

What was it, please, kensal?

ETA--Sorry I did not post quickly enough; after I sent this I saw you had already answered. I did not say this immediately, because I could not bear to miss I&K lol. And then the phone rang lol.

Anyway, the very difficult lift, is a little too difficult, awkward, and reminiscent of a pretzel, but I enjoyed their dance, anyway. :biggrin:

Last edited:

100yen

Medalist
He stated that, according to information he has, Schpilband gets the insider info from ISU about any new rules, way way ahead any changes to the rules are implemented.:)

I sense a little jealousy here :p

EDIT: Even though I agree it may be true slightly xD

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist

Are there any of these top coaches that don't get inside info?

herios

Medalist
I/K have apretty program, but they skate SLOW on some easy footwork. Not very good yet technically.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Elena was magnificient! The best ballerina on ice ever! Too bad about that homeless guy who kept sticking around and picking her up and almost dropping her.

Boring ballet imitation from I&K. Point your toe, girlfriend. I enjoyed the part where she strangled him with her leg and he had to look like he was enjoying it.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Really great skate for C/P, the best of the season i think.

I/K were a little slow and tentative this time around, and had a few bobbles. Honestly, 88 seems high to me.