Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance - FD

Custom Title
    D/W overmarked in both performances. I never seen a Tango skated with less heat, passion, emotion or sexiness, while on the technical side they are hard bet but performance wise it was totally overmarked. I think it was clear from yesterdays short dance, that the judges wanted them to win. I feel very disappointed with the result.

Very dissapointed for P/B they really threw away the bronze, will they ever be in such a position again? Has one coach ever swept the podium in Ice dance? Great achievement for S/Z

Custom Title
    "Who'da thunk it?!" Can't stop grinning. Congrats to all on the podium. Absolutely a cliffhanger. Whadda way to go!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Students from one coaching team dominating an entire podium, amazing stuff!

Davis/White outskated everybody here by a margin. This V/M fan also has no complaints about D/W's win whatsoever.

Custom Title
    Oh my!! How fantastic! I just need to see the rest of D/W's performance for it to really set in. Congrats to the podium! Well done to the U.S. and Canada and Russia for having all of their teams in the top 10.

Teams seven through 10 were close in score and not too far off from team three through six, so we could see a lot of changes taking place as for who will be fighting for the bronze. May have some new gold and silver challengers in a couple of years, too!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    LMAO, I knewwwwww this would happen. I knew Virtue/Moir would skate better and Davis/White would win anyway because they are "due" and competed the whole season.
    This.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Here you err. He did single them out and there's a picture of them in his column. Don't think he expected them to medal, though!
    oh my apologies. but maybe we're thinking of two different articles? Anyway, okay, okay props to Phil for mentioning him.

Custom Title
    I'm still a bit underwhelmed with Shibs. They are truly amazing technically but performance wise still very forgettable.

I didn't watch this yet, but I had to spoil myself at looking at the results. I'm pretty shocked that Davis and White won, but more shocked that the Shibutanis medalled. It's also surprising to see Weaver and Poje so high.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    BOP seems to have eaten some awfully sour grapes in this Worlds.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    I'm totally thrilled for Meryl and Charlie.
    Off course I'm sad for Nathalie and Fabian cause their FD is lovely and they really had a chance of a medal.
    Despite the overall result, don't count Ekaterina & Dmitri and Elena & Nikita out. Next year I'm pretty sure they'll be stronger and more experienced.
    I expect P/B to retire now, unless they want to try again in their home country next year. But I highly doubt that until V/M, D/W, S/S go away, any European team can beat them. Unreachable and judges showed it with redicilously high scores and gaps. B/S and I/K and the whole Russian ice dancing is in the past, they look outdated.

Custom Title
    I'm surprised.
    Both team was GREAT, I couldn't see that much difference in favour of D=W.

Shibs has a grat present and an even brighter future. Bronze at their very first World.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    "due"?!, please, V/M might've won the oscar for best adapted (screenplay) ballroom dancing, but D/W were exquisite, elegant, refined, and performed a COMPLETE program. Yes, their development and growth through the season is an advantage but it isn't the reason why they "gave" them the title.
    V/M moved in ways D/W never will be able to. Their choreography was more creative and with the music, to my eye. D/W may have a technically more difficult program but in terms of actual dance and artistry I'd definitely have it well below.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    I'm still a bit underwhelmed with Shibs. They are truly amazing technically but performance wise still very forgettable.
    They looked kind of nervous out there today (who could blame them?) which affected their performance somewhat, but they delivered when it mattered most.

Custom Title
    Congrats to the Shibs! Everything they did was pure, precise, and unrushed. Very tai chi. Has any ice dance couple won a medal at a Worlds debut before?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    BOP seems to have eaten some awfully sour grapes in this Worlds.
    They are his staple diet. Can't go a day without it!

I'm inspired to find a sour grapes company to invest in.

eta. I do agree with his last post. But this is a sport and judged as a sport. Technical prowess matters most on this day.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 04-30-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast