Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 465

Thread: Ice Dance - FD

  1. #211
    Custom Title mikiandorocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by kensal View Post
    I expect P/B to retire now, unless they want to try again in their home country next year. But I highly doubt that until V/M, D/W, S/S go away, any European team can beat them. Unreachable and judges showed it with redicilously high scores and gaps. B/S and I/K and the whole Russian ice dancing is in the past, they look outdated.
    I disagree in what concerns the russian ice dancing.
    Also we need to consider several factors such as injury and so on. Yesterday who would have thought that P&B would leave without a medal. The point is: never take anything for granted.
    Also, B&S and I&K are still young and show a very good margin for progress. S&S were not that ahead of B&S, P&B and W&P.
    I don't mind having so many greats teams. It helps to bring excitement to the competition and I love that.

  2. #212
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,618
    Congrats to the medalists!!! That was amazing to watch. I can't join the who deserved what scores debate, but D/W rocked this (in my eyes - I couldn't get over the tension and speed and precision) and I thought V/M had an amazing skate too (really really love the opening of their samba and the circular twizzles). Very exciting!!!

  3. #213
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by kensal View Post
    I expect P/B to retire now, unless they want to try again in their home country next year. But I highly doubt that until V/M, D/W, S/S go away, any European team can beat them. Unreachable and judges showed it with redicilously high scores and gaps. B/S and I/K and the whole Russian ice dancing is in the past, they look outdated.
    The scores were super close between places 3-6, so I believe the Shibs could absolutely be beaten, and possibly by a Russian team (B/S were 3 point something off). I would guess the Russians will do whatever they have to with their skating/programs to make sure they have the best shot at a medal in 2014.

    Unless you are saying that there is no way the judges will allow for anyone to score near the top three teams again.

  4. #214
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    73
    The only hope for any competition from Europe is ironically another Zueva team that happens to skate under Russina flag and we did not see today, K/A. Just move ice dancing competitions to Canton and let them decide among themselves.

  5. #215
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    4,011
    Quote Originally Posted by kensal View Post
    I expect P/B to retire now, unless they want to try again in their home country next year. But I highly doubt that until V/M, D/W, S/S go away, any European team can beat them. Unreachable and judges showed it with redicilously high scores and gaps. B/S and I/K and the whole Russian ice dancing is in the past, they look outdated.
    V/M and D/W are deservedly unreachable over the rest of the field at this point in time. You yourself just hit upon why the Russians did not do well - their skating is a poor rehash of former eras. P/B would have easily won the Bronze had they not gone SPLAT. I fully expect them to be able to claim a Bronze next year if they keep their level of skating in tact and don't screw up like that.

    If Europe wants to challenge V/M and D/W then they need to produce a team that had the creativity and ability of Delobel/Shoenfelder.

  6. #216
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    But this is a sport and judged as a sport. Technical prowess matters most on this day.
    infact judges desperately put DW over/equal to VM in the Components section as well

  7. #217
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    .... Great achievement for S/Z
    I agree. This is a stunning achievement for the Canton coaching and choreographing team. They seem to know how to tailor each routine according to the strengths and limitations of their skaters, thereby showing off each team at its best.

    Another Worlds competition is done, except for the gala. Thanks again to Russia for making this possible and first-class in only three weeks. You must have a lamp with a genie in it.

  8. #218
    Medalist Lily.Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    http://ayamesakura61.deviantart.com/
    Posts
    75
    I agree with you, I was sure V/M would win, and so were the Italian commentators here. But I have to admit D/W skated very well, I loved them tonight, so I can't really complain..... but in my opinion V/M are such amazing artists.....I was mesmerised by their performance!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    V/M moved in ways D/W never will be able to. Their choreography was more creative and with the music, to my eye. D/W may have a technically more difficult program but in terms of actual dance and artistry I'd definitely have it well below.

  9. #219
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,502
    I think all the medalists are very happy. D/W finally has the World title. Tessa is skating pain free and V/M gets the Worlds Silver on their season debut. The Shibs, wow, a medal on their Seniors and Worlds debut! At such a young age! In Moscow! Is there a conspiracy?

  10. #220
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by loop9497 View Post
    The scores were super close between places 3-6, so I believe the Shibs could absolutely be beaten, and possibly by a Russian team (B/S were 3 point something off). I would guess the Russians will do whatever they have to with their skating/programs to make sure they have the best shot at a medal in 2014.

    Unless you are saying that there is no way the judges will allow for anyone to score near the top three teams again.
    I am saying that in ice dancing tends to be trends. Today's trend is whatever the hell Zueva/Shpilband slap together. The whole dance play book is just written by them. Not that I complain, they are doing excellent job. But it just does not excite me when the only hope for anyone to get BRONZE, not even talking about Gold and Silver, is that hopefully one of the Canton teams are injured.
    I also want diversity in styles and skills to get rewarded. That I am afraid we will not be seeing anytime soon.
    Last edited by kensal; 04-30-2011 at 01:11 PM.

  11. #221
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodhiyel View Post
    I agree. This is a stunning achievement for the Canton coaching and choreographing team. They seem to know how to tailor each routine according to the strengths and limitations of their skaters, thereby showing off each team at its best.

    Ain:
    Yeah. THAT is what they know how to do. Give me a break. There is something rotten going on.

  12. #222
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    244
    I think both Russian male skaters were a little bit off today. B/S could have made the podium but he did have a few stumbles out there, I really like their style. For I/K she had a great day but I though in one of the lifts he was going to drop her. The Zhulin camp had a dissapointing day.

    At the start of this championship I would never have thought that Russia worst results woudl be in Ice dance. I really thought they had no hope in the singles events but there 3 skaters really delivered. I just loved Makarovas short, if her free was disappointing.

  13. #223
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by yelyoh View Post
    D & W should win. Way more difficult choreo and very very fast.
    Yes, I have to agree on this. I prefer V/M emotionally, but from a judging standpoint, it was clear that this was their first FD of the year and they don't have enough mileage on this dance to give it justice.

    The judging was fair and square in this competition even though I was hoping for a slightly different result.

  14. #224
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    I think both Russian male skaters were a little bit off today. B/S could have made the podium but he did have a few stumbles out there, I really like their style. For I/K she had a great day but I though in one of the lifts he was going to drop her. The Zhulin camp had a dissapointing day.

    At the start of this championship I would never have thought that Russia worst results woudl be in Ice dance. I really thought they had no hope in the singles events but there 3 skaters really delivered. I just loved Makarovas short, if her free was disappointing.
    I knew that it is not going to happen after SD, the PCS are very indicative of what judges intentions are. Of course, P/B would have got on the podium had they not screwd up. But every intention was to keep Shibutanis close. Nothing against that team personally.

  15. #225
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by kensal View Post
    The end of European ICE DANCING, for foreseeble future!!! Goodbye, Russia and France!
    It's funny how you put it this way. The irony is Pechalat/Bourzat were pretty much assured of the Bronze after the SD but due to the freak fall, the medal that was due to be given to France has now disappeared in Russia.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •