Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance - FD

Custom Title
    congratulations to Davis and White for winning your first world title. Yea.
    Congratulations to Virtue and Moir for coming in 2nd. good job
    Congratulations to Shibutani's for coming in 3rd,
    great job people. great competition.
    congratulations to all athletes.

In the void
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Faiella/Scali retired mid-season I think, at end of 2010...or before Europeans. They withdrew part way through their GP in Russia which in retrospect, was an ominous sign. Sinead Kerr kept having that shoulder injury that just didn't seem to resolve. They hung on until several weeks ago hoping to compete but eventually had to withdraw, and retired from eligible competition.
    Actually they are both in the result list of the Europeans this year (was in January 2011 in Switzerland), Kerrs won silver, F&S were (only!) 5th. And in between I did not hear anything, therefore the question...

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Congrats to everyone!

There are only three podium spots. How many senior teams do Z/S have?!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    To those who keep insisting that S/S lack beauty: balderdash! They have natural good looks, they're brilliant skaters, they're beautifully put together, they have a special charm and grace that is their trademark, and the freshness of youth -- I mean really, I can't understand anyone finding fault with their appearance. There are lots of teams out there and they all look different. It's not like there's one model for beauty, thank God. It's ungrateful to ask for more!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tdnuva View Post
    Actually they are both in the result list of the Europeans this year (was in January 2011 in Switzerland), Kerrs won silver, F&S were (only!) 5th. And in between I did not hear anything, therefore the question...
    The Kerrs won Bronze, not Silver: http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2011/CAT007RS.HTM

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    To those who keep insisting that S/S lack beauty: balderdash! They have natural good looks, they're brilliant skaters, they're beautifully put together, they have a special charm and grace that is their trademark, and the freshness of youth -- I mean really, I can't understand anyone finding fault with their appearance. There are lots of teams out there and they all look different. It's not like there's one model for beauty, thank God. It's ungrateful to ask for more!
    By the same token, you like orange, he likes apple and she likes peach - you can't possibly expect to impose your preference on other people.

Custom Title
    Wow, I love the podium finish! Congratulations to all medalists! It was a pity the French had that fall, but competition is cruel in nature. Happy for Shibutani's medal! They have such great potentials, just watch out! It's precious to see Tessa's expresion and body movement went Shibutanis were anounced, very obvious that she was very happy for them and found of them, more intersting to see Shibutanis greeting V/M first instead of D/W. Maybe they were closer to V/M or maybe they were just unexperienced about what to do in medal ceremony
    I'm happy for D/W winning their titles! They skated better. I only wish Meryl get rid of her habit of visible exhalation/blowing air before the start of their programs. It is distracting, unattractive and a sign of seemingly lack of confidence to me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kensal View Post
    I am saying that in ice dancing tends to be trends. Today's trend is whatever the hell Zueva/Shpilband slap together. The whole dance play book is just written by them. Not that I complain, they are doing excellent job. But it just does not excite me when the only hope for anyone to get BRONZE, not even talking about Gold and Silver, is that hopefully one of the Canton teams are injured.
    I also want diversity in styles and skills to get rewarded. That I am afraid we will not be seeing anytime soon.
    I would say that the three medaled teams are of three different styles, and I would call that diversity in styles. Z/S did excellent jobs giving their teams styles that showcase their strengthes, and it works. So I would say congratulations instead of hoping for injuries.

Custom Title
    Congratulation to all winers.
    I thought V/M will be first but then D/W were better technically--- I still prefer V/M dance.
    Shibutanis were very good. I can not complain about their bronze medal - other pairs were worse and French did fall.
    I am very happy about W/P, their short were exquisite and their long was good. I hope next year their long program would be even better. .
    I really like C/P I agree they did not have good short but liked their long dance, it was quite difficult and I thought they should be higher overall. .
    I think B/S is technically a good pair but their program kept them from showing their full potential.
    And I don't like I/K. Their short was OK their long was slow and ughh....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    congratulations to Davis and White for winning your first world title. Yea.
    Congratulations to Virtue and Moir for coming in 2nd. good job
    Congratulations to Shibutani's for coming in 3rd,
    great job people. great competition.
    congratulations to all athletes.
    Wow! What amazing news. I missed the competition and was just opening the thread. Awesome! I can't wait to see things on YouTube.

Custom Title
    I had a feeling something was off with V/M's FD, and when I see this photo, it confirmed that her posture was off, http://www.thestar.com/sports/figure...p-belt-for-now

I believe in latin dance, the action was more chest down, focusing on the middle setion, hips and knees; the neck, head and should should be relatively restricted, upright and squared. Her forward huntching does not resemble the dance very well IMO.
    Last edited by Ilvskating; 04-30-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Custom Title
    Just wondering how many teams could have rung up that kind of score the 1st time out like V&M did. I think that, in itself, is pretty amazing. I'll have to check back to see what the original scores for the other teams were their 1st time out.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    By the same token, you like orange, he likes apple and she likes peach - you can't possibly expect to impose your preference on other people.
    Fine. Then how about offering your views on their appearance as opinion instead of as fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post

Custom Title
    Yes, yes, Shibutanis are good. And I am not complaining about their bronze medal. But I still prefer others. Frankly I much more enjoyed C/Z even though their program was less difficult and not as good technically. But it was more fun.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast