Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance - FD

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    I think they would. I believe Kwan wanted to stay closer to home and there are sometimes scoring advantages when competing in your home country, not that she needed them.
    Interesting take, I don't agree but we shall find out in about a month or so.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I have to say, my truth is, Maia is fresh faced and pretty now , and I can well imagine her growing into one of those young women with the sort of mysterious beauty that fascinates and is greater than the sum of it's parts. Eye of the beholder.

Custom Title
    Davis and White seems to enjoy the International scene, in fact they have more success abroad than on the North American Continent. Kwan was the exact opposite. I think 90% of her biggest titles came on North American soil and in the later part of her career she seemed to not leave North America too often. She used to only really like to do Skate America and Skate Canada (The closest grand prix events to home). In fact I remember a comment Butyrskaya made "Let her come to Europe", regarding competing against Kwan. So even she seemed to notice a pattern.

Custom Title
    I know I'm late, but congratulations to the first American ice dancing world champions.

Custom Title
    I must say that Elena ILINYKH chic is absolutely gorgeous. She has the most potential of any female ice dancer in my opinion. But she is packaged alll wrong, her partner is not so good and their programs are terrible.

Custom Title
    I really enjoyed the Shibutani's; they deserved their bronze!!! And their reaction when the realized they placed is just too precious!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    I really enjoyed the Shibutani's; they deserved their bronze!!! And their reaction when the realized they placed is just too precious!
    I also loved Scott reaction when he found out that Shibutanis are on the podium. He was truly happy for them. that was too cute!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blackswanphoto View Post
    I must say that Elena ILINYKH chic is absolutely gorgeous. She has the most potential of any female ice dancer in my opinion. But she is packaged alll wrong, her partner is not so good and their programs are terrible.
    I think people are blinded by her beauty. Indeed she is gorgeus and she will grow into a beautiful lady.
    But as an ice dancer the most potential?
    Meh. Her stroking is not that good. She needs to develop deeper edges. Long way to go. How she will develop remains to be seen.

In the void
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    How she will develop remains to be seen.
    As with all the young ones. For some the success might even come too early....

Congrats to Meryl & Charlie and all the medalists (the Shibutanis are wonderful and so cute). I did feel sad for Nathalie & Fabian - that was truly an unfortunate fall to an otherwise charming free dance. I hope they will still continue to compete.

Custom Title
    I must say that the judging of the ice dancing spoilt the whole tournament for me. I must admit that I’m no expert for ice dancing at all, but I will never understand why Virtue/Moir didn’t win gold and why the Shibutanis got bronze instead of Pechalat/Bourzat. Nothing against the US-teams, they surely delivered good performances, but it just didn’t impress me, I just couldn’t get enthusiastic about them. Virtue and Moir were just breath-taking, it was the same in the exhibition today.

Custom Title
    I thought the judging was perfect! But just my opinion. Tessa can dance, no doubt about it, but this is a sport. The difficulty, precision, transitions in D/W performance was just mind blowing. That free dance D/W was about the most jam packed I ever witnessed. I did not like V/M program as a whole at all. It was not seamless. After the dazzling first 30 seconds or so, it just seemed like a bunch of random pieces of music thrown together.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    I think people are blinded by her beauty. Indeed she is gorgeus and she will grow into a beautiful lady.
    But as an ice dancer the most potential?
    Meh. Her stroking is not that good. She needs to develop deeper edges. Long way to go. How she will develop remains to be seen.
    Elena's stroking isn't good??? Do we mean different Elenas or what??? I/K have great stroking, deep edges and great ice coverage for sure. And they also one of the fastest teams. They didn't do their best here, but saying Elena has only beauty is just ridiculous

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    Well, already I'm looking to next year.......wonder how Islam & Paul will do.......I hope they get some grand prix events. They are very young, and are just as talented as the Shibs and I/K, an added plus is that they are both georgeous.
    They got two assignments even when they were not ranked 4th in seniors, of course they will get them now, when they officially are. It will depend solely on them how they will fare internationally first, in compariosn to the actual top 3. Unfortunately for one of these 4 exceptional teams, one will be left home. So our nationals with a healty V/M should be a nailbiter. And in US will be no different, once Samuelson /Bates are back.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Elena's stroking isn't good??? Do we mean different Elenas or what??? I/K have great stroking, deep edges and great ice coverage for sure. And they also one of the fastest teams. They didn't do their best here, but saying Elena has only beauty is just ridiculous
    I stand by my statement. They skate slow when it comes to their footwork sequences. Open your eyes.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast