Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 465

Thread: Ice Dance - FD

  1. #436
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,049
    One thing that's great about dance right now is that there are several teams who can win or make the podium. It's made dance more interesting - there is no "coronation" that carries on year after year. You can't take a title for granted any more.

  2. #437
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    One thing that's great about dance right now is that there are several teams who can win or make the podium. It's made dance more interesting - there is no "coronation" that carries on year after year. You can't take a title for granted any more.
    Its not good for such talent, like V-M is. But from other hand - D-W will chance to lose this title soon too. I dont talk they will - good luck to them in fighting for gold at all WCh and OG, but this could be.
    As for P-B. They lost there chance to take bronze in Moscow. Hope they will work hard to made podium in Nice
    Hope when V-M will retier, Shibs will show something not V-Moirish

  3. #438
    Custom Title CassAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    328
    Its not good for such talent, like V-M is.
    I don't understand your point.

    I disagree that the Shibs are too much in the style of Virtue and Moir. Now Paul and Islam, I do think are very much in the V/M style.

  4. #439
    Custom Title alithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    186
    I'm not a fan of the Shibs but no way they are in the style of V/M.It's not that the whole ice dancing world revolves around V/M as good as they are.P/I are more in their style,I/K try to emote the connection V/M emote,but the Shibs..No way I've seen them dancing young love and first ball.They're brother and sister after all.
    In fact it becomes tiring seeing couples being constantly attacked just because they won or are considered a threat to V/M.It's not even fair to them to constantly imply that they need to retire because they won silver at Worlds.They're better athletes than that ,or that's how I see them.

    And I agree that the dress was a bit unfortunate.She's not by anyway 'big' but the dress and the cut while stunning in pictures, on the screen made her lose her lines.Some dresses might be fantastic live but not show that well on tv.

  5. #440
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I don't think that Tessa's image and dress were the right choice for her. She has a very beautiful natural pale look that matches her eyes perfectly well. That suntan and overdressy gold dress for a casual Latin dance music made her look heavier, and even fatter.
    Are you kidding? The day Tessa is considered "fat" is the day everyone else might as well give up. Seriously, Tessa is a very small person, and I agree with Pogue that I liked her healthier, more athletic look. I'm not a huge fan of the tan and hair, but her clearly more trained and athletic body is a huge improvement. I'm sure being in such prime condition will help the team do even more difficult and wonderful things going forward. Fat and Tessa should never be used in the same sentence. Let's remember that these 2 champions are very, very young. They both are likely to change and develop yet, right through their 20's.

  6. #441
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    O yes- all must look, like Meryl Davis. She will look perfect in Latin SD.
    That was totally uncalled for. Just because she won, it doesn't mean that she should be mentioned every time when someone says something about Tessa.

  7. #442
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    That was totally uncalled for. Just because she won, it doesn't mean that she should be mentioned every time when someone says something about Tessa.
    Just because Davis not fat. And now she is a dance queen - all must look, like she is. Now she is an ideal for ice dancer. Thats all
    If Tessa fat so Meryl is most healthy and attractive preson.

  8. #443
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    17,136
    Well, I've got to say I far preferred the pink dress Tessa's using on CSOI for Samba to the gold dress she used at Worlds. I thought she looked fabulous in the pink, and with the ruffles, it looked very samba to me.

    Those dresses with all those little hairs standing out, like the gold dress, give me the willies.

  9. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Well, I've got to say I far preferred the pink dress Tessa's using on CSOI for Samba to the gold dress she used at Worlds. I thought she looked fabulous in the pink, and with the ruffles, it looked very samba to me.

    Those dresses with all those little hairs standing out, like the gold dress, give me the willies.
    I think this is because now , when Tessa lose, she could have something not so bad for you, like this was before
    Hope after this gold you will stop post so much deliriums about Tess
    Could you to leave her alone?
    Watch 10 000 D-W programs from this WCh and be happy - why you need all time touch there rivals? Enjoy best team ever and didnt watch at "puppy" Tessa - thats all
    And they will not prevent your favorite sh=kater take gold any more - so be happy
    Last edited by npa; 05-11-2011 at 02:02 AM.

  10. #445
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Well, I've got to say I far preferred the pink dress Tessa's using on CSOI for Samba
    This dress looks exactly as one of the types that ballroom dancers use for Latin. Yes, very samba.

  11. #446
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    I think this is because now , when Tessa lose, she could have something not so bad for you, like this was before
    Hope after this gold you will stop post so much deliriums about Tess
    Could you to leave her alone?
    Watch 10 000 D-W programs from this WCh and be happy - why you need all time touch there rivals? Enjoy best team ever and didnt watch at "puppy" Tessa - thats all
    And they will not prevent your favorite sh=kater take gold any more - so be happy

    Really? I don't think Tessa lost. I think after a very tough season where she under-went surgery on both legs, the fact she could be 2nd in the World in the same season is just outstanding. Lesser teams would have just taken the season off, or perhaps quit entirely. V/M are a very special, once in a generation team, and their performances at World's this year, their first full competition of the entire season, were awe-inspiring. Absolutely, D/W won Worlds this year, and I have always enjoyed watching their great skating. It doesn't mean I can't be a huge fan of V/M, or prefer them over D/W most of the time. There's no reason to slam one team in favour of the other. Why can't we like both teams, even if we generally like one better than the other, whichever way that goes?

  12. #447
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernDancers View Post
    Why can't we like both teams, even if we generally like one better than the other, whichever way that goes?
    Because one thing is post something good about your favorite skaters and other - all time try to show how there rivals is bad. Especially to post something like "Tessa have puppy face expression", "she will skate school rhumba in next season".
    Look, what Doris post today in V-M article tread.
    And i dont think this is normal to said - Tessa is fat

  13. #448
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    Because one thing is post something good about your favorite skaters and other - all time try to show how there rivals is bad. Especially to post something like "Tessa have puppy face expression", "she will skate school rhumba in next season".
    Look, what Doris post today in V-M article tread.
    And i dont think this is normal to said - Tessa is fat
    You seem to have Doris and let's talk confused. Doris NEVER slams a team, even if they aren't her favoriite. Let's talk slams anyone he/she thinks they can get away with slamming.

  14. #449
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    You seem to have Doris and let's talk confused. Doris NEVER slams a team, even if they aren't her favoriite. Let's talk slams anyone he/she thinks they can get away with slamming.
    Read her comment in 4CC FD tread about V-M.
    And her comment in V-M atrticle tread.

  15. #450
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,728
    actually I think Doris was defending their tongue in cheek comments even if she didn't find them all that funny.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •