Miki Ando Vs. Leonova Alena | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Miki Ando Vs. Leonova Alena

Krislite

Medalist
Of course you can wait to pass judgement.

Hernando knows a winner when he sees one.
Adelina will win the OGM in Sochi and I don't think she will have much competition either.

No competition? Please. There's another Russian girl who will soon surpass her. I see a major upset in the works. Elizaveta will win the OGM in Sochi. ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
please review the guidelines - rumors of the personal lives of skaters/coaches/officials are offlimits

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I loved Leonova this time, and I love her when she's on, but she's kinda inconsistent. I never know if she's going to fall three times or skate perfectly.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course you can wait to pass judgement.

Hernando knows a winner when he sees one.
Adelina will win the OGM in Sochi and I don't think she will have much competition either.

I'm sure everyone was saying that about Michelle Kwan back in 1996 too.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Thank you for the link, kensal. Things are starting to add up now. I just read an interview with Miki on another thread, where she indicated that the Japanese Skating Federation had suddenly shown interest in her after a period of apparent disinterest in her. She also explained how working with Nikolai Morozov had benefited her career. Meanwhile, N. Morozov had indicated elsewhere, that he would only work with skaters representing Russia after this Worlds. I had wondered at that time, whether he meant he would cease working with Miki Ando, because they had been working together for so long, and they just won Worlds together, so I figured that she might prefer to continue working with him. She also indicated in her interview that she is studying Russian, and seemed to me to indicate that she would not mind taking a little time off. In two years, it will be time for the Olympics again. For these reasons, I can conceive of the possibility of Miki choosing to represent Russia, as Yuko Kavaguti has done. I can conceive of it, but that does not mean she will do it, of course; I am only thinking that it is not beyond the realm of possibility that she might.

ETA: I just checked Miki's age. I believe that by the Sochi Olympics, she will be 26.

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
I'm sure everyone was saying that about Michelle Kwan back in 1996 too.

Yes, and I would have been one of them. :laugh:

Still, with 40 plus titles and 5 WC's and two Olympic medals to her credit I think Michelle did awfully well for herself.

Adelina does not remind me at all of Michelle but of another favorite skater of mine, only better.

But time will tell. Actually, this is new ground for me because I have never rooted for a Russian lady singles skater before.

Just goes to show there is a first time for everything :)