Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Exhibition Gala

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Puchi View Post
    Didn't you know Tara's competitive career ended because of a hip injury? Or "injury" is a good excuse for some skaters but not for others?

The last paragraph in your post makes sense as a response to "people grumbling that yeonah wasn't all sunshine and smiles", but the other one doesn't.

perhaps if tara didn't criticize yeonah for showing up at last year's worlds looking less than stellar, i would be more sympathetic. the circumstances of disclosure of tara's hip injury i find highly suspicious. anyway, comparing how tara and yeonah carry themselves? LOL if you don't see any difference, then it's not worth having a discussion.

Custom Title
    Now you're not making sense at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Did Yuna run over your dog? Your insufferably negative attitude and posts toward Yuna makes me wonder if you have some kind of personal vendetta against her.

Honestly, the bashing of Yuna even when she was in pain.
    Last edited by lan8; 05-01-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lan8 View Post

Honestly, the bashing of Yuna even when she was in pain.
    but it's okay if other skaters get hit hard with the whole "yeah right sure they were injured" comments, right?

And for what it's worth - Tara was squarely in Yuna's corner throughout the commentary on Universal Sports during the short and long and really thought Yuna could have had it... and even stated that it's unrealistic to see Yuna be perfect all the time. But, yeah, she's an evil wench that must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    ...the circumstances of disclosure of tara's hip injury i find highly suspicious...
    No, not at all. Tara wore out her hip joints over-practicing her triple loop-triple loop combo. She was fanatic about it. Her coach and her mother had to drag her off the ice.

After her win at the 1998 Olympics she went on tour with Stars on Ice for a couple of years, but even at the beginning it was easy to see that she was not able to bring her full technical complement. By eighteen she was done altogether.

Custom Title
    Wow, Yuna seemed just didn't want to be there, the most uninspiring performance from Yuna ever I'd say. Kind of disappointing. Miki and Pang/Tong skated really beautifully; didn't see all of the gala but those two came as high light to me. Miki has improved alot, I almost feel that she's musical now, heartfelt program.

Virtue and Moir were wonderful, its their chemistry between them which makes their program so magical. Daisuke was also great, Patrick and Takahiko could learn from his artistry. Also Miki skated so well and the music was powerful with the mozart requiuem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    Wow, Yuna seemed just didn't want to be there, the most uninspiring performance from Yuna ever I'd say.
    by YunaBliss in Yu-Na news thread

Yuna felt some pain in her right ankle before LP, but Yuna said that it was not serious as to affect her performance. In other words, it had nothing to do with her performance. However, after the LP and before the gala, the pain grew stronger, and Yuna had to take a painkiller. The effect of the painkiller, however, was very strong, and that seriously affected her gala performance.
    before performance
    http://osenimg.mt.co.kr/gisaimg/2011...32778938_1.jpg
    http://imgnews.naver.com/image/003/2...466706_web.jpg

during performance
    http://osenimg.mt.co.kr/gisaimg/2011...18772939_1.jpg
    http://osenimg.mt.co.kr/gisaimg/2011...03772063_1.jpg
    Last edited by EricRohmer; 05-02-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Custom Title
    Thank you for information. I think sometimes we get too emotional about some skaters. I mean, things like this happens, you can’t do anything. Yuna, Mao, Rachael and any other skater might be strong, tough athletes but they’re humans. They have an absolute right to be in pain sometimes, have a stomachache, headache, toothache. Sometimes they just can’t hide this and pretend like everything is ok but there’s no false bottom here.

lowtherlore
    OMG, her face is swollen. She has never looked that bad since she was battling the hip injury on painkillers.
    The girl needs some rest.. but only after this weekend's shows I guess.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Maia and Alex's exhibition: http://youtu.be/ame7Cj78GPs

No doubt this was a tribute to Japan...nearly had me in tears. They've done so much to support the releif effort, and now they made a whole program for the people over there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aniela View Post
    Thank you for information. I think sometimes we get too emotional about some skaters. I mean, things like this happens, you can’t do anything. Yuna, Mao, Rachael and any other skater might be strong, tough athletes but they’re humans. They have an absolute right to be in pain sometimes, have a stomachache, headache, toothache. Sometimes they just can’t hide this and pretend like everything is ok but there’s no false bottom here.
    I also find it hard to criticize almost any skater under such circumstances. They work incredibly hard, and in some countries the pressure to do well on behalf of the nation is incalculable. YuNa has carried the entire skating program of Korea on her back since she became a teenager, and no one else seems to have come forward to help her shoulder the load. I happen to love her skating, but even if she left me cold, I'd still respect her.

Custom Title
    Mikis Mozart-Requiem was the piece of the day for me. Just so moving...

I usually love V&M (count me among those who adored their FD), but that music-version of "I wanna hold your hand" sounded completely blah to me. I wish they either would have taken the original Beatles-version or a slow piece of music which was meant to be slow in the first place.

Both V&T and P&B were such a fun to watch - I am glad that P&B had a smile on their faces in the end. Such an unlucky event for them...

Liked Caro, D&W and Dai!

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn-XMS5TNI
    The finale was fantastic! The first segment that shows respect to the Japanese skaters, the men's step sequence show off at 2:00 (impressive!!), etc. And apparently Russian Federation sent a message to the Japanese.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn-XMS5TNI
    The finale was fantastic! The first segment that shows respect to the Japanese skaters, the men's step sequence show off at 2:00 (impressive!!), etc. And apparently Russian Federation sent a message to the Japanese.
    Yeah that was great tribute!! Men steps are always impressive

Here's the EuroSport version of the Gala (but it's blocked in some countries),
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6DKbAaTq3A
    Last edited by bibi24; 05-02-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast