Exhibition Gala | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Exhibition Gala

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
So sweet at the end all of the skaters forming a heart around Dai, Taka and Miki, great Gala and Worlds. Thank you Russia!!!

aniela

On the Ice
The final was such a fun! Takahiko was so happy and Miki... wow, her dance at the beginning – that was something!
I didn’t see Yuna though.

wallylutz

Medalist
According to the korean news, Yuna had an ankle injury. So I also think Yuna seemed exhausting.

So the ankle injury makes her look sad and unable to smile? Funny, prior to the LP, she was able to smile and even laughed just fine as it was on camera for the whole world to see, so indeed, very strange, like other posters said.

wallylutz

Medalist
So sweet at the end all of the skaters forming a heart around Dai, Taka and Miki, great Gala and Worlds. Thank you Russia!!!

:)

This has been a wonderful replacement world. Even though Team Japan had some ups and downs, at the end, I hope this event will help lift the spirit of many of those struck by the tragedy. :thumbsup:

Lyanpark

Rinkside
So the ankle injury makes her look sad and unable to smile? Funny, prior to the LP, she was able to smile and even laughed just fine as it was on camera for the whole world to see, so indeed, very strange, like other posters said.

Wow.:eek: You are so consistent with Yuna.

Did yuna and her fan make her injury an excuse for the result or whatever? What I saw was Yuna did her best for her Gala, but the program was not as vivid and energetic as it was. So I gave a news about her ankle injury. What is a big deal?

Nadia01

Final Flight

Did Yuna run over your dog? Your insufferably negative attitude and posts toward Yuna makes me wonder if you have some kind of personal vendetta against her.

Nadia01

Final Flight
The final was such a fun! Takahiko was so happy and Miki... wow, her dance at the beginning – that was something!
I didn’t see Yuna though.

I heard that she had to leave early to catch her flight back to Korea.

Tigger

Final Flight
:biggrin: It makes me insanely happy to see W/P dancing in a world championship gala. And looking fine, I might add;)

You aren't the only one. Seeing they'd placed in the Top Five yesterday, along w/the NA Sweep was the cherry on top of a Perfect Weekend for me. Wonderful Royal Wedding and then this? It doesn't get any better for me. :D

Krislite

Medalist

Did it ever occur to you that it might have gotten worse? No, of course not. You only assume the worst in her. You have no idea how she was feeling at that moment, let alone what's she is facing in her life.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
I've been impressed about how much more emotional Miki has been in her skating at this competition.

skfan

Final Flight

thank you for the link. absolutely the highlight of the entire world championships, for me.

ETA: for the people grumbling that yeonah wasn't all sunshine and smiles.

you are entitled to your opinion, but i for one am grateful she continued to skate at all, rather than run like tara lipinski, and showed skating fans another gem of a program in arirang. giselle underwhelmed me, but arirang and the improved stretch in her spiral impressed me.

hasn't it been said yeonah is injured? perhaps she thought she could be a trooper and skate in the exhibitions when in fact she wasn't physically healthy enough to. i just hope she's able to take the time to get well before her other obligations put more demands on her body.

Last edited:

Puchi

On the Ice
ETA: for the people grumbling that yeonah wasn't all sunshine and smiles.

you are entitled to your opinion, but i for one am grateful she continued to skate at all, rather than run like tara lipinski. and showed skating fans another gem of a program in arirang. giselle underwhelmed me, but arirang and the improved stretch in her spiral impressed me.

hasn't it been said yeonah is injured? perhaps she thought she could be a trooper and skate in the exhibitions when in fact she wasn't physically healthy enough to. i just hope she's able to take the time to get well before her other obligations put more demands on her body.

Didn't you know Tara's competitive career ended because of a hip injury? Or "injury" is a good excuse for some skaters but not for others?

The last paragraph in your post makes sense as a response to "people grumbling that yeonah wasn't all sunshine and smiles", but the other one doesn't.

skfan

Final Flight
Didn't you know Tara's competitive career ended because of a hip injury? Or "injury" is a good excuse for some skaters but not for others?

The last paragraph in your post makes sense as a response to "people grumbling that yeonah wasn't all sunshine and smiles", but the other one doesn't.

perhaps if tara didn't criticize yeonah for showing up at last year's worlds looking less than stellar, i would be more sympathetic. the circumstances of disclosure of tara's hip injury i find highly suspicious. anyway, comparing how tara and yeonah carry themselves? LOL if you don't see any difference, then it's not worth having a discussion.

lan8

Match Penalty
Did Yuna run over your dog? Your insufferably negative attitude and posts toward Yuna makes me wonder if you have some kind of personal vendetta against her.
:rofl:

Honestly, the bashing of Yuna even when she was in pain. :rolleye: :disapp:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:rofl:

Honestly, the bashing of Yuna even when she was in pain. :rolleye: :disapp:

but it's okay if other skaters get hit hard with the whole "yeah right sure they were injured" comments, right?

And for what it's worth - Tara was squarely in Yuna's corner throughout the commentary on Universal Sports during the short and long and really thought Yuna could have had it... and even stated that it's unrealistic to see Yuna be perfect all the time. But, yeah, she's an evil wench that must be destroyed.:rolleye:

...the circumstances of disclosure of tara's hip injury i find highly suspicious...

No, not at all. Tara wore out her hip joints over-practicing her triple loop-triple loop combo. She was fanatic about it. Her coach and her mother had to drag her off the ice.

After her win at the 1998 Olympics she went on tour with Stars on Ice for a couple of years, but even at the beginning it was easy to see that she was not able to bring her full technical complement. By eighteen she was done altogether. :cry: