Exhibition Gala | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Exhibition Gala

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Wow, Yuna seemed just didn't want to be there, the most uninspiring performance from Yuna ever I'd say. Kind of disappointing. Miki and Pang/Tong skated really beautifully; didn't see all of the gala but those two came as high light to me. Miki has improved alot, I almost feel that she's musical now, heartfelt program.

figuristka

Medalist
Virtue and Moir were wonderful, its their chemistry between them which makes their program so magical. Daisuke was also great, Patrick and Takahiko could learn from his artistry. Also Miki skated so well and the music was powerful with the mozart requiuem.

EricRohmer

On the Ice
Wow, Yuna seemed just didn't want to be there, the most uninspiring performance from Yuna ever I'd say.

by YunaBliss in Yu-Na news thread

Yuna felt some pain in her right ankle before LP, but Yuna said that it was not serious as to affect her performance. In other words, it had nothing to do with her performance. However, after the LP and before the gala, the pain grew stronger, and Yuna had to take a painkiller. The effect of the painkiller, however, was very strong, and that seriously affected her gala performance.

before performance
http://osenimg.mt.co.kr/gisaimg/2011/05/01/201105011932778938_1.jpg
http://imgnews.naver.com/image/003/2011/05/01/NISI20110501_0004466706_web.jpg

during performance
http://osenimg.mt.co.kr/gisaimg/2011/05/01/201105012118772939_1.jpg
http://osenimg.mt.co.kr/gisaimg/2011/05/01/201105012103772063_1.jpg

Last edited:

aniela

On the Ice
Thank you for information. I think sometimes we get too emotional about some skaters. I mean, things like this happens, you can’t do anything. Yuna, Mao, Rachael and any other skater might be strong, tough athletes but they’re humans. They have an absolute right to be in pain sometimes, have a stomachache, headache, toothache. Sometimes they just can’t hide this and pretend like everything is ok but there’s no false bottom here.

L

lowtherlore

OMG, her face is swollen. She has never looked that bad since she was battling the hip injury on painkillers.
The girl needs some rest.. but only after this weekend's shows I guess. :no:

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Maia and Alex's exhibition: http://youtu.be/ame7Cj78GPs

No doubt this was a tribute to Japan...nearly had me in tears. They've done so much to support the releif effort, and now they made a whole program for the people over there. :cry::yes:

Thank you for information. I think sometimes we get too emotional about some skaters. I mean, things like this happens, you can’t do anything. Yuna, Mao, Rachael and any other skater might be strong, tough athletes but they’re humans. They have an absolute right to be in pain sometimes, have a stomachache, headache, toothache. Sometimes they just can’t hide this and pretend like everything is ok but there’s no false bottom here.

I also find it hard to criticize almost any skater under such circumstances. They work incredibly hard, and in some countries the pressure to do well on behalf of the nation is incalculable. YuNa has carried the entire skating program of Korea on her back since she became a teenager, and no one else seems to have come forward to help her shoulder the load. I happen to love her skating, but even if she left me cold, I'd still respect her.

viv

On the Ice
Mikis Mozart-Requiem was the piece of the day for me. Just so moving...

I usually love V&M (count me among those who adored their FD), but that music-version of "I wanna hold your hand" sounded completely blah to me. I wish they either would have taken the original Beatles-version or a slow piece of music which was meant to be slow in the first place.

Both V&T and P&B were such a fun to watch - I am glad that P&B had a smile on their faces in the end. Such an unlucky event for them...

Liked Caro, D&W and Dai!

bibi24

Final Flight
Last edited:

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
bibi24, thanks so much for uploading the British Eurosport videos!
jenaj, apparently Yu-na had to catch her flight.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Yuna looks so sad and lifeless in her Gala. And skating to fast techno music doesn't help her at all.
It's sad to see skaters lose the spark.

Johnnnn

On the Ice
Yuna looks so sad and lifeless in her Gala. And skating to fast techno music doesn't help her at all.
It's sad to see skaters lose the spark.

Apparently the pain killer she took before the show sucked the energy out of her. I've never seen her sweat like that, even in the long programs.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
bibi24, thanks so much for uploading the British Eurosport videos!
jenaj, apparently Yu-na had to catch her flight.

I wonder if she would have stayed if she had won the gold. We'll never know, of course. She didn't look at all happy during that exhibition.

mousepotato

On the Ice
I think she either didn't feel good or was in alot of pain, either way any idiot could see she was not up to par and really shouldn't bash her becuase of it. She did a good job at the gala, better than most ladies could do in their best day. She did just win the silver after being away for a year.

Miki and K/S were the best at the gala.

Aliona...three words...nude colored bra

kensal

Rinkside
Sotnikova's Black Swan was more convicing than Natalie Portman's. But her skating is really intimidating, if she keeps it on, good grief.