SkateFiguring took the violet pill
- The wrong screw came off for Daisuke.
- The looks his coaches gave each other when Nobu screwed himself once again on ice.
- Two Olympic Champions debuted and ended their season with Silver medals. One team was very happy and the other O Champ weeped on the podium and lost her smile at the gala.
Gotta Have Music
Highlights - Taka's silver medal, the whole ice dance podium, Miki's win, Alena's joy/spark,
Nightmares - the fall in Pechelat & Bourzat's free dance, what happened to Nobu (please count your jumps!) & Daisuke
1. The pairs competition: Radford showing his guts, Pang/Tong demonstrating why we shouldn't write them off, Tatiana and Max rising to the occasion, Aliona and Robin giving the best performance of their career.
2. Miki Ando's short program.
3. Virtue/Moir's sizzle and spark.
4. Patrick Chan's dominating victory that no one disagreed with. Takahiko Kozuka finally earning those marks.
5. That the season is over. Seriously, that was a long season.
1. Shibutanis on the podium with the attendant accusations of Shpilband/Zoueva manipulating the judges/judging.
2. Speedy mocking the Japanese contingent/Daisuke's mishap.
3. P/B falling in the FD (as they pointed out, an eight point loss).
4. Crone/Poirier falling to the bottom of North American ice dancing.
she takes the audience on her journey of emotions
He did? What did he say?
Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue
When the screw came off Dai's skate and he rushed over to get it fixed, the camera focused on Speedy and Scott Hamilton, with Speedy clearly mocking the Japanese by demonstrating them screwing the heel back on (with appropriate gestures) and a big grin on his face. When he saw the camera was on him he abruptly stopped and looked chagrined. Basically, it make him look like he was happy with a top Japanese competitor having a big problem. In context, not cool. Out of context... still not cool. The audience just laughed, but I was really quite surprised.
Originally Posted by Layfan
SkateFiguring took the violet pill
Patrick Chan smashed three records on his way to his first World Champion title. Like he had said, go big or go home.
Takahiko Kozuka finally broke through his shell to shine at a Big Event. May the medal be the first of many.
Tessa and Scott steamed up my computer and then TV with their new FD. Smoking smoldering hot.
Originally Posted by SkateFiguring
For a moment, I thought she was going to pull off a Surya Bonaly on the podium...
Not surprised to see such a comment from you, because you deliberately choose to misunderstand her. Yes, she was sad on the podium, but not out of a Surya Bonaly-like bitterness at the judges. Laura Lepisto spontaneously started crying when she was on the podium last year, but there was nothing Surya Bonaly about that or Yu-na's reaction.
Originally Posted by wallylutz
Yu-Na's expression after she saw she was in 2nd in the Kiss & Cry. http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...unakisscry.png
- Savchenko/Szolkowy’s performances
- the number of quad attempts in the men’s competition
- the fall of Pechalat/Bourzat and the loss of the bronze medal
- Virtue/Moir not winning gold
- Kim Yu-na ending up second
- Oda’s mistake that cost him bronze / Takahashi’s misfortune
- too low scores for Fernández López and Joubert
More like can't wait to get the hell out of the Kiss&Cry:
Originally Posted by jaylee
Yuna's Ice Rink
yuna's comeback, fought hard
speedy mocking dai
You're seeing what you want to see, and you're trying to poison other people's perception of her. She smiled at her scores and placement, she waved. Then she got up.
Originally Posted by wallylutz
This is something that you do, not only with Yu-Na. It's with Meryl Davis, the Shibutanis...never any Canadian skater or team, of course. You try and plant seeds of discord in other posters' minds here; sometimes you stick to purely technical skating issues, but when that fails and you haven't converted anybody to your side, you switch to off-ice actions that you deliberately slant in order to try and sway the support for them. You're a master of politicking. Ohhh, the Shibutanis just aren't good looking enough. So, what, they should quit skating? So their PCS should be lower than everyone else's? I get the feeling that you say these things because you want to will it to be true, not because they are true. Oh, that Meryl Davis, so "dismissive" and "cold" (your exact words) towards the injured Tessa Virtue at 4CCs. Evil Meryl! You accomplished what you wanted, though, you sparked a lengthy, negative discussion about Meryl Davis that had nothing to do with them on-ice that appalled me.
Actually, I should have known this was coming with Yu-na, the earlier attack you did on Meryl Davis's character was just a hint of what to come. After all, you previously indicated that you were inclined to mark Yu-na down over the split with Brian Orser, a post that was made here at Goldenskate. It's funny because you consistently spend so much time defending the integrity of the judging system and the credibility of the judges, but then reveal that off-ice things can play a factor in scoring on-ice. Well, you threw it all away with that remark, and you continue to do so with these personal attacks on (consistently non-Canadian!) skaters. Maybe non-Yu-Na fans won't care that you're targeting Yu-Na right now, but one day, you're going to turn your expert analysis to one of their favorite skaters, and they'll see how much they like it. It's a pity because when you stick to skating, I find much validity in your posts. But when you stray towards interpreting things off-ice, you are just as petty, biased, and cruel as the people on Youtube who spend all day long making hate videos.
- Figure skating in Russia!
- Irina Slutskaya
- Alissa Czisny's smile, her high expectations from herself, her determination.
- Ksenia Makarova, Carolina Kostner such sweet girls and solid skating.
- other European girls also showed great promise and doing their best.
- S/S German Pairs team
- Miki Ando, moving performances (especially Gala), deserving of a champion.
- seeing Mao and Yu-Na skate
- Flawless LP from Takahiko Kozuka
- Daisuke's positive and stay happy attitude, also taking responsibilities for himself.
- Meryl Davis / Charlie White winning
- Euro youngsters challenging Plushenko, ie. Gachinski, Brezina, Amodio.
- Canadian ladies doing so poorly, desperately need powerhoues such as Jo Rocket.
- injuries to Rachel and reportedly Yu-Na, hopefully they can make a full and strong recovery.
- seeing Mao & Yu-Na distracted by factors other than skating, hopefully things will work out for the best.
Best Performances and Highlights:
- Takahiko Kozuka's LP!! I was so thrilled at the end of his flawless programme, I was sobbing hysterically^^;
- Patrick Chan's SP and LP, loved his calmness and composure, I was SO happy with his nearly perfect performances!!!
- Virtue/Moir's SD and FD, they were absolutely amazing, as usual
- Yu Na Kim's SP, even with the mistake
- Michal Brezina' LP
- Probably Kiira Korpi...I was expecting good performances from her, so I was very disappointed, but I hope she'll come back stronger next season
- And of course Rachael Flatt...I'm a big fan of her skating, so I was incredibly disappointed with her performances
- Cynthia Phaneuf! I think she's a wonderful skater, unique and has great presence, but those jumps......such a pity
- Maybe Alissa Czisny...I don't know
- Maybe Leonova? But I must admit she really skated well this time, even though I don't like her style.
- I thought D/W were a bit overscored in the SD too, but their LP was great
- At first I thought Gachinski was overscored, but I think he did a great job landing all his jumps, so I can't really argue, he deserved the bronze I suppose
- Kozuka's wonderful LP and getting the silver,
- Chan and Brezina landing the quads,
- Kim landing her 3-3 in the LP
- Alissa recovering after her fall
- Takahashi's boot problem. It just broke my heart.
- Pechalat & Bourzat's Kiss & Cry after the FD. >>> Agree with you SamuraiKike
Most Awesome Moment:
Watching V&M and Yuna's programs for the first time. They were sooo brilliant that I really hate we only could see them once during the whole season. >>> Agree with you SamuraiKike
Most What the... Moment:
- Amodio with the help of Fergie making a precedent for the revolution of vocals in single skating. >>> Agree with you SamuraiKike
- Oda making that mistake again
Last edited by Lily.Grace; 05-01-2011 at 11:20 AM.