Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Your hightlights and your nightmares of Moscow 2011??

Custom Title
    Ottavio Cinquanta, president of the ISU

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    About the Daisuke boot problem, I'm wondering if the Japanese skaters aren't that careful with their equipment, since Oda had a problem with his boot in Vancouver, although I think it was the lace that time? I was also wondering if there was a saboteur, but I think that's a little farfetched actually.
    About the bolded part, Oksana Baiul had problems with her boot laces in the SP at 1993 Europeans, and had to re-start her program. The same happened to Tonya Harding in Lillehammer. And Michelle Kwan had problems when the heel of her skate broke off before her SP in 2001 Worlds. Are they all Japanese, or perhaps this kind of problem may occur at random sometimes?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Puchi View Post
    About the bolded part, Oksana Baiul had problems with her boot laces in the SP at 1993 Europeans, and had to re-start her program. The same happened to Tonya Harding in Lillehammer. And Michelle Kwan had problems when the heel of her skate broke off before her SP in 2001 Worlds. Are they all Japanese, or perhaps this kind of problem may occur at random sometimes?
    Didn't an American pair skater just have a lace problem at 4CC and a Canadian pair skater offered him his own to save the day?

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Didn't an American pair skater just have a lace problem at 4CC and a Canadian pair skater offered him his own to save the day?
    Yes. It was the American team of Evora/ Ladwig and it was not a lace problem the blade was off the boot. Mark's boot could not be fixed in the time allowed and Rudi Swiegers the Candian pair skater who had already skated and was sitting in the stands offered Mark his skate, luckily they had the same size boot and Rudi did save the day, otherwise Mark and Amanda would have been disqualified.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Ottavio Cinquanta, president of the ISU
    Thank you. What a weasel!

Highligts:
    Patrick Chan finally living up to expectations
    Kozuka rising to the occasion to secure a medal for Japan after Takahashi and Oda failed
    A near perfect free skat for Yankowskas & Coughlin
    The return of Queen Yuna
    Davis & White's win
    The Shibutanis' faces when they realized they won

Lowlights:
    The fall & loss of medal from Pechalat & Bourzat
    Rachael Flatt's injury (I"m not disappointed with her because she tried her best)
    Alissa Czisny's fall in the free skate & loss of a medal
    Loss of the 3rd Mens slot for the US

Custom Title
    • Moscow fans and organisers for making the Worlds happen, and for showing warm support for the original host country
    • The new Russian pair
    • Patrick's short- I could watch this again and again!
    • Takahiko!!
    • The Shibutanis- Love their retro and graceful presence on the ice- And for being the first Asian couple to medal. This is history!
    • The rivary between V/M vs. D/W!
    • Spotting ever charming Irina Slutskaya!
    • Miki's second Gold, and her touching exhibition numbers
    • First glimps of Yu-na's practice- I love comebacks!
    • Carolina's Debussy!
    • Kavaguchi & Smirnov's beautiful exhibition number, and Yuko's beatiful comment afterwords: "I don't want to say keep your chin up to those who are suffering in Japan as I know it can be difficult. So I just want to tell them it's ok to just be, slowly. And I selected this piece with that message in mind."
    • Russia showing off their new powerhouse in the exhibition
    Last edited by hikki; 05-02-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    HIGHS
    Patrick Chan short program (and overall skating)
    Japanese medalists!
    Carolina Kostner's beautiful LP
    Davis & White beating Virture/Moir
    The Shubitanis!! (love them)
    Florent Amodio's SP (he's so cute)
    Yuna Kim's SP (excellent even with small mistake)

LOWS
    Japanese men who had problems
    Yuko K. and Smirnov's mistakes :(

Custom Title
    Highlight:

Patrick Chan's SP and LP and the win
    Davis/White's win
    Kozuka's LP
    Takahashi's courage
    The impressive one month preparation for worlds from Russia

I'm not pretending that I have a nightmare. I don't. Patrick's win has overcome all the disappointments I had for this worlds - V/M's silver, Yu Na's silver, and P/T's bronze.

Other disappointment:

Oda couldn't count
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 05-02-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Custom Title
    Highlights:
    Patrick Chan winning and silencing the haters - until next season
    Americans doing so well
    S/S winning back the gold
    Yu Na's gold - she skated once a year in competition, what did she expect? It could have been worse.
    Artur winning bronze - he is only going to get better
    Miki
    K/S's free skate and exhibition - even with fall the free is an exquisite program.
    Shibs

Low:
    Oda, Oda, Oda...you are your own worst enemy
    Alexander Smirnov's fall - such a fabulous, consistent skater, it was so sad to watch and to be hit in so many areas of the judging - but I loved how he took responsibility for it, he didn't blame his skates or bad ice, he said 'it was all my fault'....classy!
    Fabian's fall - and he took her down with him
    V/T exhibition - all the more reason to get away from that horrible choreographer. That was an embarrassment after seeing how great they could look.
    Universal Sports for showing everything except the gala!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I havent watced all yet but I m pissed off with Ciquanta and hamilon in the daisuke incident. I dont know what exactly funny Ciq did find about it and did the screwdriver (that moment my first reaction was the screwdriver word without the -driver)and probably hamilton follows out of politement to him and his joke so I dont want to be unfair to him, still i didnt like it.

I m super trilled for 3 ladies spots for Russia, Kozu medal, Miki winnin and heartbroken for Mao and Dai and Kanako, I have a tone of videos to see yet but what you write about natalie and fabian sounds like a next heart broke..People who are complainin about Arthur s medal, he may have been overscored but none deserved this bronze medal, they didnt rise to the moment and he did, so kudos to him for his first worlds medallin while havin the load to be in top ten and earn spots.

Custom Title
    Hilights:
    V/T sp and lp and their silver medals, S/S finally won deservingly, P/T sp and gala, lp-jumps
    Dance podium, all beautifully skated, deserving winners. Shitubs K&C, Tessa's podium regarding Shitubs
    Patrick Chan 3 quads and two beautiful programs
    Takaku lp
    Caro lp
    Miki sp and exhibition
    Catylin and John(? us pair) lp
    yuna kim sp lp

nightmairs:
    Dai's skate
    Oda lost counts
    French dancers P/B falls in lp
    Mao off the podium
    yuna gala

Custom Title
    Highlights:

That Moscow Worlds happened as planned.

Lowlights:

That the off-season is finally here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I havent watced all yet but I m pissed off with Ciquanta and hamilon in the daisuke incident. I dont know what exactly funny Ciq did find about it and did the screwdriver (that moment my first reaction was the screwdriver word without the -driver)and probably hamilton follows out of politement to him and his joke so I dont want to be unfair to him, still i didnt like it.

I m super trilled for 3 ladies spots for Russia, Kozu medal, Miki winnin and heartbroken for Mao and Dai and Kanako, I have a tone of videos to see yet but what you write about natalie and fabian sounds like a next heart broke..People who are complainin about Arthur s medal, he may have been overscored but none deserved this bronze medal, they didnt rise to the moment and he did, so kudos to him for his first worlds medallin while havin the load to be in top ten and earn spots.
    Thank you for mentioning Cinquanta. I really do think that he should apologize.

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    -
    Amodio's joke of a free program
    This really put me off his skating. He showed poor sportmanship and lack of respect towards competitors and ISU. I have not heard his explanation, but someone here mentioned that Amodio thought he did not have chance for medal. Such a lame excuse, and so untrue as well. Maybe I am to judgmental, but recently he became very arrogant.
    But what is even more annoying, is that judges did not penalize his actions. I could not believe that there was no lyrics deduction.. It is beyond me. What were they thinking?? Penalty for Joubert in 2008, and nothing for Amodio for such an obvious rule violation?? If ISU judges do not respect the rules, who is going to??

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast