More on the Code of Points | Page 3 | Golden Skate

More on the Code of Points

C

Cactus

Twisted Logic

I have a habit of reading threads backwards, it makes me feel like a time traveler. So based on all the verbose and righteous accusations on the latter part of this thread, I expected Moyesii to have used all sorts of awful and vulgar pejoratives. Alas, the most he did was describe something as "twisted logic." Moyesii, would you kindly reedit your posts and put in actual insults and name-calling to justify the level of anguish and righteousness you received? That would go a long way in removing the "twisted logic" from this thread. Thank you!

HockeyFan,
The fall you describe by Delobel and Schoenfelder and the lack of deduction is one that really made me drop my jaw too. In another thread in the Trophee Lalique folder, I posted about that dance competition as being the first one in which I felt the COP was really abused by the judges. So yeah, I wonder big time about that one too, and can only explain it as a screw-up by the judges and something that needs to be changed in the future. BTW, I second Gisel's opinion about your posts on the COP. Knowing from my own experience of how long "ISU Communique 1204" is (I want them to entitle a horror movie with that), believe me, any mistakes you may have made are understandable and more than offset by the info you've provided.

Moyesii,
You didn't alert me to my embarrassing blunder, GKelly and Hockeyfan did. Also, posters who have been around GS for a while can judge for themselves how I handle things when my mistakes have been pointed out to me. If you think your posts are just fine, then by all means keep posting them just the way you have. BTW, do I have the the excerpt from a quote by you from the NHK "Ladies Free Skate and Results + GPF Finalists" thread correct? "In my stats course in college..." Do you mean you've had one statstistics course, or were there more? Undergrad or grad? Just curious.

Also, you may remember Mathman posting on the NHK thread re sampling theory, "Hey, Rgirl! Are you reading this? (Rgirl is my nemesis on this issue.)" I wasn't reading and didn't read it until the thread was about eight pages long. Just wasn't around GS for about a month. Mathman and I have argued over statistics long and hard. It's just that neither of us ever tried to insult the other and speaking for myself, I know I never felt the need to. If your data and theories have merit, why stoop to rudeness (since you don't like the description of "attack")? Often in the posts MM and I exchanged, I was arguing many of the same theories you espouse. However, I went back to some of my more advanced grad textbooks and notes in statistics and even e-mailed a former professor for his opinion on some things. It turned out that many of the more modern thories in statistics, that is, theories that have gained favor since I was getting my master's in sports medicine 20 years ago, I had to rethink and ultimately change my opinion on certain things. I still agree with some of your individual arguments and normally would be thrilled that such discussions were taking place. It's your childish way of being snide and saying things like, "Get over it," which seems to be a favorite of yours since you've used it several times on more people than just me, that tells me that you are more interested in sounding "tough" and "superior" (at least to yourself) than seriously arguing the issues. JMO. But as I said, if you like the way you post, go for it.

Cactus,
I would hope you check out the "Ladies Free Skate and Results + GPF Finalists" thread in the NHK Folder and read Moyesii's posts there. Based on his/her posts on this thread alone, you're right, they just have a snotty attitude. It was the combination of Moyesii's posts in the NHK Folder and this one that prompted myself and others to react the we have. It goes without saying that you will decide for yourself.
Rgirl

Last edited: