FAVORITE PROGRAMS for 2010-2011 Season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

FAVORITE PROGRAMS for 2010-2011 Season

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Mao's Ballade was the single most exquisite exhibition I've seen since the years of Kwan. I'm not really a fan of exhibitions in this COP era; they bore me to be honest and I usually don't bother watching them. Wholly uninspiring and unimaginative...but this was perfection. It highlighted every good quality of Mao: her gentleness, gracefulness, lines, extension, the floaty and balletic quality of her skating...:bow: Truly a masterpiece. Her LP to Libestraum; yet another sign of life in Lori's choreography. This was another program that highlighted Mao's wonderful features. It's the antipode of Bells and Masquerade; in other words, it was all Mao. Her performance at 4CC made this my favorite LP of the season...:thumbsup:

I liked Yu-Na's Giselle but I wasn't blown away by it; nothing I hadn't seen before. Her Homage program..I can see how (if performed to the fullest) it would be a wonderful program for her. The choreography is rather pedestrian by Wilson's standards, but the program is driven more by the music and the feeling behind it rather than the steps. She was tight and not as free as she needed to be to really sell this program. If she comes back to compete, I really hope she sticks with it as her LP. It deserves to be presented again...

Hello Kitty on speed? I'll take it. I found Kanako's Jumpin Jack SP very refreshing. The whole package was completely age appropriate and it played to her youthful energy perfectly. It was fun and exciting; definitely a step up from the rest of the ho-hum crap people came up with this year. It was my favorite SP of the season. Best performance was at NHK...fresh out the gate! :)

I wasn't fond of either of Mirai's programs this season. However, she had two good performances this year (her SP at nationals and her LP at 4CC). When she's on, everything seems better...

Rachael's East of Eden goes against everything I know and believe (Commandment VI: iconic music of The Kwan shall not be used, reworked or, in general, effed with under any circumstance) but I think she did okay. It worked for her...until the step sequence. That's where she lost me. It looked like she was having a fit and that kinda killed the rest of it for me. :rolleye: Lori knew what she was doing. East of Eden carries itself b/c it's such a BIG piece of music. All Rachael had to do was start when the music started and end when it ended...the music takes care of the rest. Well played Lori, well played...

Both of Carolina's programs were well done this year. Very suited to her and she presented them well...kudos.

Alena Leonova isn't my cup of tea, but her LP performance at worlds was very energetic and genuine. Sad that, IMO, she had the stand out performance of the night...:disapp:

So for me:
SP: Kanako's Jumpin Jack
LP: Mao's Libestraum
Exhibition: Mao's Ballade

Fingers crossed next year will be better...please be better!