Thread: Vote Athlete of the Month on US Sports Academy

Custom Title

Vote Athlete of the Month on US Sports Academy

Vote for Chan and Ando. Help raise the profile and awareness of figure skating.

http://ussa.edu/ballots/athlete-of-the-month

It's nice both skaters have the alphabetical advantage to be listed first.

Patrick is winning with 94% of the vote, and Miki is winning with 88%. Figure skating rules!

Custom Title
    Seeing all other male atheletes get identical 1.67% of the votes, I figure they each gets 1 out of 60 votes cast so far. It means mostly figure skating fans have found the voting so far. The tide could change. Go vote.

Custom Title
    Voted.

As was pointed out in the reality shows, 90 percent of vote ins, are by women. How many men voted here? How many athletes know about this contest, and more important, do you really care who wins?

You must have loved the 1916 U.S. Presidential election, Joe. Only men were allowed to vote.

By 1920 -- pffft! -- all downhill from then on.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    You must have loved the 1916 U.S. Presidential election, Joe. Only men were allowed to vote.

By 1920 -- pffft! -- all downhill from then on.

Joe must have a masochistic streak to be so involved in a girly sport he can't get to man up, what with all those wildly popular macho sports out there.

Custom Title
    Voted!

Custom Title
    Reading the athlete description on this poll, I've got to say COP in making figure skating sound so much more exciting. Now a skater can smash records like a real athlete! Such big numbers too. No winning on 5.8. Yippee! A 6.0! Woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post

Joe must have a masochistic streak to be so involved in a girly sport he can't get to man up, what with all those wildly popular macho sports out there.
    I do, I do, I do. Trying to make figure skating a non-girly sport in the US is hopeless and impracticable. No matter who wins any other Event, it will remain Ladies only in popularity, or should I say little girls only. I must admit, some of those lady enthusiasts do give a cursory look at the Men. Just not like other countries.

Custom Title
    I need to bring this thread up again. Patrick is still nicely ahead @ 67.6% but Miki is losing ground fast @ 39.06% vs Stacy Lewis' 30.47. Now I am sure Ms Lewis is a great athlete. She just had her first win in a golf tournament but the main reason she's put up for the vote is she's American. I believe Miki second World Champion title is a greater achievement all things considered. Go vote for figure skating, which needs a profile boost more than golf.

Custom Title
    THEY WON!

Congratulatios, Patrick!

Congratulations, Miki!

Figure skating , in April, 2011!

The public may not know CoP, but everybody understands "smashing record"!