Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Miki's candid take on JSF's interference, emotional struggles & being a foreigner

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Geez, this is complicated! I certainly hope it all works out for Miki. I think it will.

I'm sorry to hear that she felt neglected by her own federation. If it's true, this seems very silly of them.

Miki often shines at her gala performances. Her artistic side seems to truly shine through, more than in competition. I have always admired Miki for how hard she worked to improve her non-jump elements. She is still criticized for not having as good spins, spirals, footwork as other skater but I remember her from five years ago and the improvement is dramatic. Her 3-3 didn't come together this season but hopefully it will next year.

Custom Title
    Thanks for your kind words re: my translation. Hope there won't be too much lost in translation

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I have always admired Miki for how hard she worked to improve her non-jump elements. She is still criticized for not having as good spins, spirals, footwork as other skater but I remember her from five years ago and the improvement is dramatic. Her 3-3 didn't come together this season but hopefully it will next year.
    She got LSp4, level 4 spins and SlSt3. She must have worked really hard in the past few seasons as you say. Especially since losing her biellman due to back injury after 2006, it was painful seeing her powerful programs ending with a LSp1 :( I really want her to show off her fab 3/3loops [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPPjMGP-bZ8#t=00m25s"]like these[/URL] in competitions, especially with the new Russian powerhouse joining GPS next season (well just the one)!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Morozov has stated he will keep some of his non Russia students, Amodio for sure.
    Interview with Morozov [URL="http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2011-05-03/16_1/?view=page"]here[/URL]
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    In a recent interview Piseev said that the Russian Federation will not object if Morozov keeps Amodio and Miki. Russian link: [url]http://mn.ru/sports/20110502/301583985.html[/url]
    Sorry, couldn't find a complete translation.
    Thanks for the links, seniorita and babayaga. Aside from what you have summarised, were there anything else noteworthy that were said? Did Morozov comment on Miki's jump content next season etc?

Moved my response about Piseev interview to a new thread
    Last edited by Ptichka; 05-04-2011 at 11:31 PM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Morozov said something like Miki wont represent Japan but Russia next year, I think it was a joke lost in translation, and he also talked about Voronov who lost this season and believes he will get him in Europeans(two Russian spots there) by next year.

Custom Title
    Morozov said something like Miki wont represent Japan but Russia next year, I think it was a joke lost in translation, and he also talked about Voronov who lost this season and believes he will get him in Europeans(two Russian spots there) by next year.
    Russia has 3 spots in 2012 Europeans . Artur finished in 5th and Konstantin in 7th in 2011.

Custom Title
    Thanks seniorita. Morozov says a lot of things doesn't he! He was interviewed for a Japanese news program last night and was on fire! A tad too confident but hey, he must have had a hell of celebration drinks!

I can't recall the last time Miki spoke about so many things. She's usually very brief and looks like she doesn't want to be there whenever interviewed by the Japanese media. So hearing her talk about so many revealing things was very refreshing.
    Last edited by hikki; 05-06-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2