Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Status of Canadian Senior and Junior Dance teams for next season?

Custom Title

Status of Canadian Senior and Junior Dance teams for next season?

With the shock of the Crone/Poirier announcement, I thought I'd start a thread to see what teams are still together at Senior based on this past season's list, and what teams are still together at Junior. Which one's are moving up from Junior to Senior the coming season? I've highlighted in red the ones where there have been announcements, or one partner and/or the other has appeared on icepartnersearch. Any new teams forming out of the splits? Any completely new teams we haven't met yet?

SENIORS
    Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir
    Vanessa Crone / Paul Poirier
    Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
    Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam
    Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill
    Tarrah Harvey / Keith Gagnon
    Sarah Arnold / Justin Trojek
    Alexa-Marie Arrotta / Martin Nickel
    Audrey Dupont / Marcus Connolly
    Helene Letourneau / Kevin Boczar
    Anne Chloe Bissonnette / Dylan Lockey Chatham

JUNIORS
    Nicole Orford / Thomas Williams
    Kelly Oliveira / Jordan Hockley
    Victoria Hasegawa / Connor Hasegawa
    Andréanne Poulin / Marc-André Servant
    Élisabeth Paradis / François-Xavier Ouellette
    Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Yoan Breton
    Laurence Darveau / Jonathan Arcieri
    Larissa Van As / Troy Shindle
    Carolane Soucisse / Benjamin Smyth
    Jade Marrow / Allan Stoll
    Josyane Cholette / Simon Proulx-Sénécal
    Olga Lioudvinevitch / Benjamin Mulder
    Sara Aghai / Qwynn Dalmer
    Sarah Clarke / Steven Clarke
    Jazz Smyl Joly / Ryan Behnia

Medalist
    What about; Fournier & Green SR '09, Ramful & OLson SR '09, Lysne & Steeves SR '09, ST.Onge & Browne JR '09, Good & Delauriers JR '09, Viau & Lapointe JR '09, none of which competed at Nats in 2010 or 2011 except ST. Onge & Browne who placed 11th at JR Can Nats 2010. I hate that C&P have split , it really shocked and stunned me, in fact I would have been less shocked if V&M announced their retirement!! But we have a lot of good Jr teams on the up swing. If Paul is inded looking for another partner he need look no further than our own pool of outstanding Dancing Queens, I would say right off the bat to go for Jade Marrow, but she is way too young and also too tall , she is a great ice dancer in the making! Other noteables are Karen Routhier 20, Sophie Knippel 22, Patricia Stuckey another IMO great dancer, I would also say Joanna Lenko 19 ,but I think she has health problems.

Custom Title
    Fournier/Green have split. Green retired after Fournier suffered a season ending injury. I dont know if Fournier is looking or not but she would definitely be a good candidate to partner Poirier.

Since Oliviera skates out of the same rink as Poirier it wouldn't suprise me to hear that they have paired up. I'm not sure how well they would match up but I suspect the Lanes will try it out.
    Last edited by sk8rdad; 06-07-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Custom Title
    My fondest wish is that if Poirier can't find a partner that he and Crone would get back together again. I will really miss this team............so much darn potential.

Medalist
    I have another list of teams that I do not know the status of, all of whom did not qualify for Can Nats 2011; Salvagna & Lettner, Cyr & Brisebois-Gaudreau, Ritchie- Herveux & Masse, Dumas & Quintal, Sears & Mackay-Perry. I have Khong & Khong as retired, as well as McCuish & Morris, Carswell & Doleman, Kirkland & Buron, old news I know but just keeping track. Does anyone know when the Grand Prix lists will be out ? it was out by June 13 last year.

Banned
    Last season i like Élisabeth Paradis / François-Xavier Ouellette at Nationals. Cant remember, where did they finished, but this girl really enjoy dancing and there FD look full of dance spirit. Hope they will improved in next season and Luazon will made for them interesting programs,
    Sara Aghai / Qwynn Dalmer had very unusuall FD last season. Hope Sara will find new patner - she is small (i mean height) and show good virtuosity (IMHO)

Sarah Arnold / Justin Trojek left Paul MacIntosh/Rebecca Babb and working with Pasquel now. Dont know, this team didnt impressed me last 2 seasons, but maybe they will show inteersting choreo? Look like Krylove-Kamerlengo school become so big, like Zueva-Shpilband have. Could they work all this out? Dont know - will see.
    And i feel sorry for MacIntosh - Poje and V-M are his skaters, but now he didnt have skaters, who could take place at National team. Maybe he need Suzzy Killing back?

And who become team number 1 in Lane-Razgulyevs school? Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill? Could they improved and take higher place at Nationals? Because now it look like W-P and P-I are clear leaders. If V-M will not compete next season, R-H could made place at WCh team. I was impressed with there speed at TEB this season, but they have a lot off work with postures, lines.

And again - any information about V-M? Did they start traning or no? Where they wil made anounsment?
    And feel sorry for C-P break-up. Why did they made this? Sad.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cotillion View Post
    Does anyone know when the Grand Prix lists will be out ? it was out by June 13 last year.
    Draw will be June 24-25

Medalist
    Paradis & Ouellette finished in 5th place at JR Can Nats 2011, I agree they are very very good, along with other up and coming juniors Poulin & Servant,and Fournier- Beaudry & Breton . Thanks for info on grand prix npa, where did you find this?

Custom Title
    Looks like the new team Abby Carswell / Simon Tanguay can be added to the Canadian junior dance team list. They have paired up and will be skating at the Pierrefonds competition in August.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by callalily View Post
    Looks like the new team Abby Carswell / Simon Tanguay can be added to the Canadian junior dance team list. They have paired up and will be skating at the Pierrefonds competition in August.
    Quebec Summer Championships roster as of June 9 -- link (scroll down to the bottom for dance): http://www.patinage.qc.ca/userfiles/..._9Juin2011.pdf

Senior Dance
    Melissande Dumas/David McKay Perry (new)
    Shanna René de Cotret-Laporte/Alexandre Laliberté (new)

Junior Dance
    Laurence Fournier Beaudry/Yoan Breton (J6)
    Abby Carswell/Simon Tanguay (new)
    Mariève Cyr/Benjamin Brisebois
    Victoria Hasegawa/Connor Hasegawa (J3)
    Catherine Culhane/Simon Mondor (new)
    Elizabeth Paradis/François-Xavier Ouellette (J5)
    Andréanne Poulin/Marc-André Servant (J4)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-13-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    My fondest wish is that if Poirier can't find a partner that he and Crone would get back together again. I will really miss this team............so much darn potential.
    Yeah, I don't see what other partners at their level Poirier OR Crone are going to find for next season. They must have had huge issues to break up like this. If they end up skating with people below their level they will end up doing 'worse' than they would have together (notice worse is in quotations - I'm NOT saying they were/are bad!)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cotillion View Post
    . Thanks for info on grand prix npa, where did you find this?
    Secret sourse Read at russian forum

Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    Secret sourse Read at russian forum
    Russian forums are true, as Didier GAILHAGUET agenda say

24 et 25 juin
    Commission Management GP ISU à PARIS

http://www.ffsg.org/vie_federale/ins...president.html

Custom Title
    Canadian teams that have registered for the Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships (July 27-30) so far include:

Senior
    Tarrah Harvey/Keith Gagnon (S5), Sarah Arnold/Justin Trojek (S6)-now coached by Camerlengo/Krylova, Larissa van As/Troy Shindle (J8), Melissande Dumas/David McKay Perry (new)

Junior
    Victoria & Connor Hasegawa (J3), Andréanne Poulin/Marc-André Servant (J4), Élisabeth Paradis/Francois-Xavier Ouellette (J5), Laurence Fournier-Beaudry/Yoan Breton (J6), Josyane Cholette/Simon Proulx-Sénécal (J11), Sarah & Steven Clarke (J14), Mariève Cyr/Benjamin Brisebois, Abby Carswell/Simon Tanguay (new), Catherine Culhane/Simon Mondor (new)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-13-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    [B]Junior
    New teams formed
    Allan Stoll has teamed up with Kylie Knight
    Rachel Kirkland/Chris Lettner
    Jordan Hockley has a new partner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast