Thread: 2011 National Pairs Champions end partnership; Coughlin to skate with Caydee Denney

Hybrid View

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar

2011 National Pairs Champions end partnership; Coughlin to skate with Caydee Denney

Last edited by blue dog; 05-17-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Custom Title
    Why, oh why? They just had the most successful season.

Rinkside
    While I completely understand that John needs time to heal, this is so disappointing. I felt like they were finally coming into their own as a team and was so excited to see them grow and develop over the next few years. I feel as though they had just scratched the surface.

I wish both of them the best of luck!

Who's out there for Caitlin to skate with????

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by austrian_waltz View Post
    Bryce Davidson. He is a dual citizen.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Bryce Davidson. He is a dual citizen.
    Hmmm.... your proposition is intriguing! =)

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    the curse of the US pairs! This seems very oddly timed. They had a great season and even skated well at worlds. I was expecting them to continue to grow next season.
    I guess I should expect it now. 2 of the top three pairs at Nats will split up before June each year.

Custom Title
    So many of the top US pair teams split. You medal at nationals you go to worlds and then the team splits. Whoa. Good luck to both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by austrian_waltz View Post
    While I completely understand that John needs time to heal, this is so disappointing. I felt like they were finally coming into their own as a team and was so excited to see them grow and develop over the next few years. I feel as though they had just scratched the surface.

I wish both of them the best of luck!

I am shocked and I agree with you, so sad that they had decided to split. I felt they had grown so much this season, and I had great hopes for them with their placement at worlds... what is happening with the US pairs??!! aaaaaghhh....

Rinkside
    I wish John and Caitlin nothing but the best. As someone who used to skate at the same rink as John did while he was still living in Kansas City, I can honestly say that he is such a sincere and genuine person. I hope that whatever John wants to pursue whether it be coaching, being involved in another aspect of the sport or leaving the sport completely to concentrate on something else, I am sure that he will be successful.

Custom Title
    This is a surprise. They are such a well-matched team, and I ACTUALLY thought they could work their way to be World Medal Contenders in the next year or two.

I think the International Judges has a preference to them as well. Great flow and transitions these two had.

Damn... Door will be wide open next year.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TtonyV7 View Post
    This is a surprise. They are such a well-matched team, and I ACTUALLY thought they could work their way to be World Medal Contenders in the next year or two.

I think the International Judges has a preference to them as well. Great flow and transitions these two had.

Damn... Door will be wide open next year.
    I think Brubaker and Marley are on their way to making the team. Are Mark and Amanda going to compete again? I think they will pretty much have a national title lined up if they do.