Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 153

Thread: 2011 National Pairs Champions end partnership; Coughlin to skate with Caydee Denney

  1. #46
    Figure Skating Fan Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by austrian_waltz View Post
    While I completely understand that John needs time to heal, this is so disappointing. I felt like they were finally coming into their own as a team and was so excited to see them grow and develop over the next few years. I feel as though they had just scratched the surface.

    I wish both of them the best of luck!

    Who's out there for Caitlin to skate with????
    I am shocked and I agree with you, so sad that they had decided to split. I felt they had grown so much this season, and I had great hopes for them with their placement at worlds... what is happening with the US pairs??!! aaaaaghhh....

  2. #47
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20
    I wish John and Caitlin nothing but the best. As someone who used to skate at the same rink as John did while he was still living in Kansas City, I can honestly say that he is such a sincere and genuine person. I hope that whatever John wants to pursue whether it be coaching, being involved in another aspect of the sport or leaving the sport completely to concentrate on something else, I am sure that he will be successful.

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    199
    This is a surprise. They are such a well-matched team, and I ACTUALLY thought they could work their way to be World Medal Contenders in the next year or two.

    I think the International Judges has a preference to them as well. Great flow and transitions these two had.

    Damn... Door will be wide open next year.

  4. #49
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,990
    Quote Originally Posted by TtonyV7 View Post
    This is a surprise. They are such a well-matched team, and I ACTUALLY thought they could work their way to be World Medal Contenders in the next year or two.

    I think the International Judges has a preference to them as well. Great flow and transitions these two had.

    Damn... Door will be wide open next year.
    I think Brubaker and Marley are on their way to making the team. Are Mark and Amanda going to compete again? I think they will pretty much have a national title lined up if they do.

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    Wow, Caydee doesn't look that short. I was thinking she was 5'4" - 5'5"
    Caydee is more like 5'1". I don't know when she was 4'10", but that is outdated. She and John Coughlin will skate together. The timing of this stinks because Yankowskas/Coughlin are coming off of such an improved season for them, but once Denney/Barrett split, John became interested in Caydee. If nothing else, Caydee and John they do have similar styles of skating, I'll give them that. Pairs is such a strange discipline in the US, and there are obviously a lot of complex issues involved in getting two people to work together. Odd circumstances, huge age differences, etc, split up most of our pairs relatively quickly compared to China, Russia, and even Canada. It's weird to see Y/C splitting especially after such a great Worlds (and a great season in general) but this new partnership was in the works once Barrett got injured and retired back in February. Caitlin is an excellent skater, and I hope she is able to find a partner.
    Last edited by gold12345; 05-12-2011 at 05:58 PM.

  6. #51
    Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,799
    Caitlin has great lines and polish. I hope she can find someone who can come close to matching her.

  7. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Caydee is more like 5'1". I don't know when she was 4'10", but that is outdated. She and John Coughlin will skate together. The timing of this stinks because Yankowskas/Coughlin are coming off of such an improved season for them, but once Denney/Barrett split, John became interested in Caydee. If nothing else, Caydee and John they do have similar styles of skating, I'll give them that. Pairs is such a strange discipline in the US, and there are obviously a lot of complex issues involved in getting two people to work together. Odd circumstances, huge age differences, etc, split up most of our pairs relatively quickly compared to China, Russia, and even Canada. It's weird to see Y/C splitting especially after such a great Worlds (and a great season in general) but this new partnership was in the works once Barrett got injured and retired back in February. Caitlin is an excellent skater, and I hope she is able to find a partner.

    Where do you get your information? Is this speculation or is it actual fact?

  8. #53
    Joey Votto Fangirl KwanFan1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I think Brubaker and Marley are on their way to making the team. Are Mark and Amanda going to compete again? I think they will pretty much have a national title lined up if they do.
    Amanda & Mark are taking their time to make that decision and we should know something from them soon. Amanda is on vacation right now so that's why they haven't said anything one way or the other yet.

  9. #54
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,728
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanFan1212 View Post
    Amanda & Mark are taking their time to make that decision and we should know something from them soon. Amanda is on vacation right now so that's why they haven't said anything one way or the other yet.
    hope she and Jeremy are having a great time!

  10. #55
    Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,100
    At this rate, Inoue and Baldwin can come back.

  11. #56
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,980
    Marley and Brubaker for US National champs next season? Seems possible...

  12. #57
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,828
    Test

  13. #58
    Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,100
    I say Doris and Mathman form a pair, we can raise enough money to send them to Morozov, then they will be competitive.

  14. #59
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,728
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    I say Doris and Mathman form a pair, we can raise enough money to send them to Morozov, then they will be competitive.
    he doesn't have a top pair team... and I wouldn't wish him on anybody!

  15. #60
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    17,129
    Math and I would compete in dance. Clearly Z&S would be in our future

    Our FD would have to be to a medley of:

    This,

    This
    and
    This

    and perhaps this.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 05-14-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •