Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2011 National Pairs Champions end partnership; Coughlin to skate with Caydee Denney

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by EWalker View Post
    I have been told that D&C have a new SP to Nessun Dorma.
    Firebird, Scheherazade, Rhapsody in Blue, Spartacus....and now Nessun Dorma? Team Denney is sure working the warhorses.

I'm so disappointed. Coughlin is more of the athletic type, but with the more elegant Yankowskas, there was definitely the potential to improve and rise up above the typical lower-ranked pairs feel (i.e. decent tricks but lacking in finesse overall). But now paired up with someone like Denney, well....I have a feeling that's unlikely to happen. At the very least, there's definitely a longer way to go in terms of developing artistry and presentation skills.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    what the hell? John's words when he spilt from Caitlin suggested that he was done competing? Why would he leave Caitlin for Caydee? This is weird. Maybe Caitlin will team up with Jeremey?
    Jeremy has completely retired from competitive skating and is now coaching full time in Florida.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanFan1212 View Post
    Jeremy has completely retired from competitive skating and is now coaching full time in Florida.
    Is Blanchard looking for a partner?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Is Blanchard looking for a partner?
    I don't think Blanchard is skating anymore at the moment. And also, I'm not sure Blanchard would be the great partner for Yankowskas...in the few competitions he skated with Mukhortova, wasn't he even more inconsistent with the jumps than she was? And well, Mukhortova is no Volosozhar when it comes to jumping.....

ugh. I wish the ISU would ban certain music simply for being overused.

Custom Title
    So it's official. I'm shocked by this and still wonder what led to it. Caitlin skated great last season and supported John through a difficult time--only to get dumped and replaced with another partner just weeks after Worlds?? How cold is that?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStage Barbie View Post
    This is a similar circumstance to Volosozhar & Trankov and even being Russian, they were given no special treatment and received no GP assignments. They even won Russian nationals and didn't get to go to Europeans because they didnt have an International base score. I think Denney & Coughlin will do at least one International B to get a base score so they can qualify for 4CC or Worlds if they are to earn bids via US Nationals.
    This is NOT the case. V/T could not compete internationally until after Europeans because she represented the Ukraine up until the 2010 Olympics and needed to sit out a year before representing Russia. They competed at the Mont Blanc trophy to earn a minimum score in order to compete at Worlds.

I share the same sentiments as most of this thread - that Yankowskas is a far better skater, she had beautiful line and style, and I have no idea what Coughlin is doing trading her for the less impressive Denney (whom I have never gotten) - but if they can qualify for a GP assignment there's no reason to deny them one.

Meh. After M/B and Y/C split, there's really no reason for me to watch US pairs.

Custom Title
    Caitlin and John complement each others well. It's too bad. But what's wrong with Caydee Denney. The girl got spunk. I think these two will be America's #1 team soon enough.

This is Caitlin's chance to find a great partner. Maybe steal Tran from Canada/Japan.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Caitlin and John complement each others well. It's too bad. But what's wrong with Caydee Denney. The girl got spunk. I think these two will be America's #1 team soon enough.

This is Caitlin's chance to find a great partner. Maybe steal Tran from Canada/Japan.
    I'm not sure if you are half-joking or not, but let's not go there.
    Right now Tran can't participate in Olympics, and he'd be in the same situation with Caitlin. He'd have to wait for years to obtain US citizenship even if he agrees to be a dual citizen.

Why would you want to put Tran the same crappy situation many of us think Cailin was put through?

^^Thank you.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post

let T&T be. they have enough on their plates without people thinking nefarious thoughts yeah, i said it, i like T&T and don't care if they represent japan, canada or mars, i will root for them over any american team.

back on the topic, however-- please don't infect them with our plague.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I love Narumi and Mervyn, too..But even if I didn't , I don't think Mervyn would be a large enough build for Caitlin. Don't forget Narumi is teeny-tiny. ( A perfect little elf girl. )

Custom Title
    Oh boohoo, why would Tran be in any crappy situation? It's not like his partner is Yuko Kavaguti. Narumi's dragging him down.
    Tran isn't exactly short and Caitlyn isn't tall, kinda like Bryce and what's her face. Team North America, y'all.

Those two should easily become US or Canada #1 within 1 season.

Custom Title
    1. If Japan is really serious about the 2014 group figure skating event, she would offer a citizenship to Tran. (Unlike Canada, it's currently almost impossible to obtain a citizenship in Japan);

2. Tran is 5'9" and Caitlin is 5'2". Narumi is only 4'9.5". FYI: John C is 6'2".

3. It's true Narumi is no Yuko Kavaguti. On the other hand, Kavaguti is 30 year old and Narumi is only 19. Upside potential for Narumi is rather good.

4. Most importantly, I hope Caitlin, Narumi, & Tran have say in the "destiny" of their partnership.
    Last edited by CARA; 05-19-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Custom Title
    Tran will never get to go to the Olympics. The more reason to find a partner here. He's about as tall as Bryce. Caitlin is about as tall as Jessica. These two should be perfect together. We need a campaign to get the two good skaters together.
    Narumi is 19, and can barely jump. There's no upside.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast