Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Great site shows Protocols with Videos

Custom Title

Great site shows Protocols with Videos

RinkResults lets you pick the competition, skater, protocol with video when available.

Example: Patrick Chan Worlds 2011 SP

Custom Title
    wow excellent thanks!

Custom Title
    And then there are the competition's greatest elements with videos.

Example: Jump combinations

And greatest components.

Example: Choreography
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 05-04-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Wowza. Whoever did this deserves a lot of praise.

Custom Title
    I wish the "original TV broadcaster" of each ISU competition (e.g., NBC for Skate America, CBC for Skate Canada, CCTV for CoC, etc.) will do exactly or similarly to what NHK did on their official site during last year's NHK Trophy, they not only allowed us to watch every competitor's performances with two different cameras but let the Flash-based embedded video player highlight the relevant line of the protocol automatically as the video playback progresses, showing the name of the technical element currently executed together with the base value and the GOE it received. The player allowed the other way round, i.e., when one clicks on a certain element in the protocol, then the embedded player automatically fast-forwarded/rewinded to the relevant portion of the video. I don't think making such a pbp-integrated player is a difficult task for a Flash programmer, it's just slightly boring to enter all the time data for each element of each performance after each event.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I just wish he had done the pairs and the dancers as well I love having the protocol list up while watching the program!

SkateFiguring - You are a dream. This is a wonderful site to really review the protocols and have a closer look at the actural skate. Unfortunately, it doesn't have all the skaters. I wanted to review Gachinsky but he wasn't listed. Michal was fabulous on my second viewing, and noticed from the protocols that one judge just didn't like him (the incompetence of it all ) Two different Quads should get a bonus.

In addition more Solos, Pairs and Ice Dance would be great too if they added them on.

Thanks again, SF

Custom Title
    Artur GACHINSKI Worlds 2011 SP

Artur GACHINSKI Worlds 2011 LP

He is missing from the greatest jumps and jump combination lists, mistakes that should be rectified by the site.

The site is probably Norwegian and they don't have much presence in Pairs and Dance.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 05-05-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    He is missing from the greatest jumps and jump combination lists, mistakes that should be rectified by the site.
    Which jumps/combos did he do the best out of competition? 4T Joubert was better, 3A/2/2 Taka was better.

I just took a quick look at Brezina. Seeing his marks for the 4T is not reassuring to me regarding the CoP. He has a bunch of +2's but also two judges marked him with -1.

That is quite a difference of OPINION on TECH and is an example of how much more subjective the CoP is compared to 6.0.

Back in the day Michelle did a nice 2A. LuLu did a nice 2A. As a judge that would not be where I would concentrate on separating them.

In the case of Brezina's 4T if a judge did not think it was that good wouldn't "0" have been OK?

Judges are human but geez this system is so open for manipulation it makes my head spin.

I don't know if I want to watch more of these or not. I guess it will depend if I can take the "shock and awe and horror of it all."

Custom Title
    Never mind. I'll finish my own compilations.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 05-05-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Custom Title
    The formatting of that site only lists the BEST of the same element, except for tied scores (GOE+bonus).

ie. they'd only list the best 4T, so P-Chiddy's, Kozuka, Javier, Michal, Artur's are all missing on the list.
    Last edited by bibi24; 05-05-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
    I just took a quick look at Brezina. Seeing his marks for the 4T is not reassuring to me regarding the CoP. He has a bunch of +2's but also two judges marked him with -1.

That is quite a difference of OPINION on TECH and is an example of how much more subjective the CoP is compared to 6.0.

Back in the day Michelle did a nice 2A. LuLu did a nice 2A. As a judge that would not be where I would concentrate on separating them.

In the case of Brezina's 4T if a judge did not think it was that good wouldn't "0" have been OK?

Judges are human but geez this system is so open for manipulation it makes my head spin.

I don't know if I want to watch more of these or not. I guess it will depend if I can take the "shock and awe and horror of it all."
    You may say how subjective and manipulated COP is but how do you substantiate the claim that it is more so than 6.0? The comparisons and supporting arguments are missing from your post.

For bibi

Greatest jumps from Worlds 2011

Greatest jump combinations from Worlds 2011

Best sequences

Best spins

I see they list the best jump of each kind, so you are right that way bibi. I was thrown off by the scores and the ranking. That makes it ridiculous that the best single jumps and level 1 elements get on the "Greatest" lists. But I am sure that pleases the No Partial Credit proponents.

I like it that they do not seperate the Men and the Ladies, only by scores.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 05-05-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    You may say how subjective and manipulated COP is but how do you substantiate the claim that it is more so than 6.0? The comparisons and supporting arguments are missing from your post.

My post says exactly why I find CoP more subjective but of course the PURE subjectiveness of the GOE is not the end of the story.

Thanks for the link. It is interesting and useful. I will look at more and feel sure it will be educational.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post

Yes, that is a wide range of opinion. It is subjective and subject to error. But I don't see how it's more subjective than 6.0.

In 6.0, some judges might think, for example, "Two different quads really sets him apart. So what about the falls at the end" and put him ahead of several skaters with no falls and no quads. Other judges might think "Two falls is a really messy program and need to be penalized. I'm not that impressed by the quads. Kind of tilted in the air, a tiny stutter on the landing . . . I wonder if they were even fully rotated." and put him behind those skaters. Would ordinals from, say 3rd to 10th reassure you about the objectivity of 6.0? We just accepted that it was necessarily subjective, and that's why there were 9 judges on the panel.

So if they both did nice 2A, they could both get +1 for it. Or +2 if it was really nice -- I think Kwan sometimes deserved that especially earlier in her career.

But what about Lipinski's 2A? I could easily see different judges giving both positive and negative GOE for the same jump: good speed in and out, but no "step up" and not much lift off the ice. Depends what each judge values more. And in 6.0, they could have been thinking of her 2A as a plus or a minus in terms of the overall score (relative to everyone else who also landed a clean 2A).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast