Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Highest Total Scores of The Season

Custom Title
    Oh, dear...look how high Oda is on the list. That makes it even more heartbreaking.

Custom Title
    Can we have a petition, for Oda's sake, change zayak rule?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Can we have a petition, for Oda's sake, change zayak rule?
    ............into Oda rule?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    Thank you SkateFiguring, very useful as usual.

I think you left out Miki's cor ....

BTW next season's ISU world standings will start like this ....
    If SkFg has time plz recheck and complete till its end in another thread of yours:

3521 Miki Ando
    3466 Akiko Suzuki
    3435 Carolina Kostner
    2960 Kiira Korpi
    2771 Alena Leonova
    2760 Yuna Kim
    2618 Alissa Czisny
    2567 Kanako Murakami
    2484 Mao Asada
    Thanks for catching the Miki miss. With the computer rebooted, I finally got the data and the cap in. (Somehow it bugged me to see the abbreviations in lower case.)

ISU World ranking of Ladies with Kostner on top.

Men. Takahashi still number 1. I think Chan skipping 4CC hurts his ranking.

Pairs S/S first. Sui/Han rising amazingly fast. Number 7 Y/C of US is no more.

Ice Dance. Meryl and Charlie are the Queen and King here. Not competing for the whole season drops Tessa and Scott to number 4.

The most incredulous part is Kozuka at #7 for Men, after Brezina.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 05-06-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    ............into Oda rule?
    4th combination and one of the triple can repeat up to three times!!! ^^ oh.....Oda Oda

nefertiti..reincarnate
    ....ISU World ranking of Ladies with Kostner on top.
    Yes, those present lists will be invalid by June 30.

The reasons for accrediting this World Standing List is taking it all in with a grain of salt:

1. The numbers are reached by different official panels for each venue; and
    2. The majority of the elite athletes do not participate in more than one "b" comp, if that.

Yet the ISU uses these Standings for setting the stage of their competitions. Fair?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    Yes, those present lists will be invalid by June 30.
    These lists include the 2011 Worlds' results.

Wow, Chan going from 227 at CoR to 280 at Worlds. Crazy, even though the CoR was probably a 'bad' skate from him. I can't remember exactly what he did there, although I do remember he didn't fall as much as at Skate Canada.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Wow, Chan going from 227 at CoR to 280 at Worlds. Crazy, even though the CoR was probably a 'bad' skate from him. I can't remember exactly what he did there, although I do remember he didn't fall as much as at Skate Canada.
    He fell just as many times, once in the SP and 3 times in the LP. He did a minor Zayak which probably accounted for the lower score. Falls aside, in his 4 programs in two competitions, he conquered each quad and each 3A in turn. I was actually impressed at his process and progress when he was heavily rediculed for the falls. Basically he did at least two years of progress in two competitions, instead of spreading out the falls over the years like most skaters do with their quads.

eta. Basically, Chan made two huge leaps this year. After the first two events of experiencing the actual competing with quads, he consulted with Boitano and conquered the mental aspect for GPF with no falls. Huge leap. After that, he put in another quad which he had been able to do technically but only mentally ready after a clean competition with a quad in each program. The Canadian Nationals was phenomanal but didn't count for an official record. He did well enough at Worlds, another huge leap from GPF. Actually he was not feeling well that day but had learn to handle that. There is an interview in Russian in which he describes his plan for the next season.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 05-06-2011 at 05:28 PM.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    These lists include the 2011 Worlds' results.
    Again yes, and the coming season from July will start with 0 points, added with the 2010/11 results 100%, 2009/10 results 70%, 2008/9 results will disappear.

ISU ranking, since its system includes B comps in a lopsided manner, does not reflect the reality in terms of ranking though bearing the name.

The list you took pains here to display the highest scores does reflct the reality, and probably taking the yearly average points per skater may reflect it in a more simplified numeric display.

Custom Title
    ^^^^^^Well, in the new competitve year the latest stats will play a more important role.

The World Championships is the ultimate yearly ranking. Maybe a bit harsh. But averageing 3 years, even when weighted, is a little too skewed from reality. And then, there are all those B comps the Europeans could easily take part in and accrue points towards the ranking, which affect the GP invitations.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    ....Yet the ISU uses these Standings for setting the stage of their competitions. Fair?
    Not fair, especially when the B comps don't count in Personal Best Scores nor in Season Best Scores.
    If they don't count, why give standings points?

Or rather, B comps should be counted in for Personal Best Scores and Season Best Scores, and NOT be given additional standings points. (Those who aren't given GP slots may be given points though.)
    Last edited by sorcerer; 05-06-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Custom Title
    I think Frank Carrol gave a Russian interview in which he said, in details, that Lysacek is not returning. But he is still taking up a high post in the ranking after one year of no competitions.

These days, it seems the best interviews are done in Russian!

Custom Title
    so the GP assignments will follow the new ranking (the one that starts in July) right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast