Woman gets 10 years in mayo splat | Golden Skate

Woman gets 10 years in mayo splat

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
What a terrible sentence.
She should have gotten life.
Life sentences are generally reserved for 1st degree murders, not maiming people.

Sound like a clear case where rehabilitation could do wonders. If, OTOH, this woman gets no counceling in prison, she will just come out an even more angry and therefore dangerous for the society.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Sk8er, I totally agree. Talk about anger management issues. Unfortunately, I also agree with Ptichka. What will this woman be like when she gets out of prison?

On the other hand, what will her prison time be like? Being known as the woman who ran over a Mickey D manager over mayo could be strange. Or will it make her big mama on campus? The whole thing is crazy.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I'm not condoning what she did, it was wrong. OTOH how difficult is it to make a sandwich to order? I HATE lettuce on hot sandwiches (think it gets all wilted and bitter tasting). At least 50% of the time when I order a sandwich they can not seem to get it right and they put lettuce on it. My feeling is if it's your job to make the sandwich as the customer orders it and you can't do that job correcctly then you should be fired. Also, even if they do remake the sandwich they have caused you to have to wait AGAIN which IMO shows total lack of respect for my time and by the time they get the sandwich right the fries/everybody else's order is cold. Most people use drive throughs to save time so it is especially annoying when the workers can not even follow the simplest instructions. No it's not brain surgery but IMO getting that order exactly like the customer wants it should be the most important thing on the worker's mind. People should take pride in doing their job correctly no matter what the job is.

Piel

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Piel, what you say is achievable in theory, but it would have to start with ALL WORKERS getting a living wage, and being treated like human beings. What DO you expect from someone who is payed a poverty level salary, and is looked upon by society as a total idiot?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I don't look at them as idiots. I see all work as valuable. Hey, when I'm in line waiting for my Big Mac WITHOUT LETTUCE the person taking my order and making that sandwich is the most important person in the world to me at that time, LOL.

These are entry level jobs that require little training and no additional education. If you want to make more money then get yourself an education and a job that pays the kind of money that you feel you need to make to support the lifestyle you choose for yourself. There is always going to be the bottom of the pay scale and it makes sense that the jobs that require the least preparation and effort be paid the least. I see fast food industry jobs as being mainly part time employment for those attending school or picking up some extra work to meet a short term financial goal. I don't think that anyone chooses being a fast food worker as a career goal.

Piel

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If you want to make more money then get yourself an education and a job that pays the kind of money that you feel you need to make to support the lifestyle you choose for yourself.

exactly... yes there ARE exceptions to the rule... but if you don't like your job DONT take it out on the person who pays for your services... 9 times out of 10 the person working in a fast food joint got themselves into that sort of job because they were looking for the "easy way out" of things and then they gripe about their job. HELLO????

I'm so embarassed...you found me out. That's the real reason I was off the forum for a while. All that trial junk and minimal access to the 'net in prison. But I'm appealing! If I want mayonnaise on my burger, MacDonald's better darn well give it to me and I'll run over anybody who gets in my way!

Fortunately in the Big House, we get to put our own condiments on our burgers, though the actual burger is not as good as Mickey D's. Sigh.
R||||girl