Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko wants to become a legend of figure skating

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ha, what do you know, the weekend Plusy decided to be a legend my house floaded because the upstairs neigboor forgot to close Le robinet
    maybe that means good luck

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    ha, what do you know, the weekend Plusy decided to be a legend my house floaded because the upstairs neigboor forgot to close Le robinet
    maybe that means good luck
    If that is your idea of good luck then I would hate to hear what you consider bad luck

If Plushy wants to change his luck all he has to do is get a haircut.

Custom Title
    Your not a legend medaling at three Olympics? That's certainly a major accomplishment and extremely impressive! He has won so many things and is very popular with large loyal fan base. If it is his career goal to medal at 4 olympics and that will make him indisputably great than that is interesting.

Everything I have read on his returning seems to indicate an imediate return to competition. Maybe that is part of the deal. He could skip 2011-2012 then return 2012-2013 and 2013-2014, Cup of Russia 2011 is the last event of the GP season in late November which could allow more time to prepare. Then he could skip GP 2012 but any shot at the 2014 Olympics has to be tested at 2013 worlds in my view. No shot without 2013 worlds.

He already is a legend, I think, even though he's not my favourite.

I think he could get silver at the Sochi Olympics. But he won't beat Chan, if Chan stays like he is. We don't know who else is going to improve radically over the next three years, either.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    He already is a legend, I think, even though he's not my favourite.

I think he could get silver at the Sochi Olympics. But he won't beat Chan, if Chan stays like he is. We don't know who else is going to improve radically over the next three years, either.
    I think the potential is there for Brezina and Gachinsky to improve alot in the next three years. The Japanese having a rising star as well.

Custom Title
    The potential is there for many skaters to improve a lot in the next three years, including Patrick Chan.

Custom Title
    Maybe Plushenko can improve some areas and not just have age related deterioration of skills.

Custom Title
    I'm not a devoted fan of his, but I admire him tremendously. If he wants to give Sochi a try, let him go for it! If he's good enough to crowd out other skaters at the top, then he deserves to be there. If he's not good enough, he won't need us to push him out of the rankings; the other skaters will do that.

As for legend, I agree; he's there already, Sochi or no.

I think he's already a legend.

Custom Title
    He will just embarrass himself in Sochi especially if he can't jump anymore. He has nothing else to fall back on and he will be 31 in 2014. But his ego is so huge he thinks he can do it.

There has only been One Figure Skating Legend in my mind and that was John Curry, and to put anyone else beside him in present day skating would be just naming someone from their favorite lists.

Custom Title
    Joe, I sympathize with your point of view! Curry is certainly the peak of skating, virtually the father of modern men's skating. To watch his Olympic long program from 1976 is to see a new world begin. But I think there's room in the Hall of Legends for other skaters, just as there are other legendary American presidents after George Washington. In fact, before Curry, skaters like Dick Button, Gillis Grafstrom, and Axel Paulsen were legendary. Why not some legendary skaters after Curry, too? None of this diminishes his luster.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    He will just embarrass himself in Sochi especially if he can't jump anymore. He has nothing else to fall back on and he will be 31 in 2014. But his ego is so huge he thinks he can do it.
    If he can´t jump anymore, he won´t compete, you think his jumping ability will disappear overnight, before the Olys??

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    There has only been One Figure Skating Legend in my mind and that was John Curry...
    As an artist, yes. But on the athletic side, lots of folks like Dick Button.

Banned
    Plush is the best! I like his skating and his personality. The true representative of masculinity on ice, currently. And his fans (who I met in Moscow) are awesome!!!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast