Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Chan's Interview

Custom Title

Patrick Chan's Interview

Here is his interview on May 10:

http://www.globaltoronto.com/video/i...STBbHstPX1vKcL

Interesting and He looked tanned.

Custom Title
    It's nice to see a tanned skater. He was really tanned last year too after his vacation in Southeast Asia.

Patrick is doing the Canadian media, this afternoon at eTalk and TSN and tomorrow morning at Canada AM, on air 8:40 AM. Hopefully he will be awake. He was at McDonald's for McHappy day yesterday. I hate MacDonalds but they sponsor him and he was there for Ronald MacDonald House, a compensating MacDonald's charity.

I believe he worked with Lori Nichol today. Can't wait to see his new program(s).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I believe he worked with Lori Nichol today. Can't wait to see his new program(s).
    Any idea on what programs he's going to have for next season?

Custom Title
    Not yet. He's thinking about keeping the SP, but he'll definitely have a new LP.

Custom Title
    He has promised something very different. He has a few ideas he is not revealing, also he's discussing with Lori.

He is so young that there have not been so many programs from him yet. But so far he has skated a good variety, including tango, piano concerto, jazz, drama, humour and Browning's sharp choreography. I hope he will experiment with "reaching out" with his show programs but keep with the display of his technical prowess and blade power in LP, where the character of the music/drama is portrayed through the skating rather than mainly posing. (I am not opposed to a little posing, just not an overdose and as "performance".)

Custom Title
    I actually liked his LP a lot better than his SP. But he's already skated this LP for two years. I don't mind him getting a new one.

I guess he is having Lori Nichol again as his choreographer is because Lori could incorporate the footworks that no one in the world does better and CoP demands them.

Custom Title
    His SP seems simpler but, man, his one foot footwork has more speed and ice coverage than most others' 2-footed skating.

He's had a long term relationghship with Lori who was sort of his on ice mother. She's his coach and mentor who knows him well and the collaboration has been so successful and she has a more holistic approach for his skating. Even his DWBH show program was designed to improve his 3Lo. I'm sure she is very happy to have someone of Patrick's skills to choreograph for. I'm also sure other choreographers would love to do some programs for him. Lori's been able to bring out something different from him along his journey and I believe she still has much up her sleeve to show off his skills in optimal compliance with CoP requirements. However, it would be interesting to see some imput from a few excellent choreographers, perhaps for his exhibition and even a SP. I wonder, and love to see, how he would perform a Lambiel or Bourne program.

Custom Title
    Yeah - that footwork in his SP is astonishing. I think Bourne would do something incredible for him.

Custom Title
    Patrick is so happy about his Guiness records so maybe that will motivate him to land the 4F in competition before someone else does. I don't think thas has been done successfully yet, eh?

Custom Title
    Are the TSN interviews online yet?

Custom Title
    Patrick is doing an interview with OTR airing tonight. Globe And Mail has his CanadaAM video up.

I don't even know OTR. Ontario TV?

Custom Title
    ahh thanks it's on OTR's site now,
    http://www.tsn.ca/shows/otr/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    Thanks! These are interesting Q&As.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    wow he lost no time getting started on next season. I would love to see him skate to music by Phillip Glass.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    Thanks. Loved this, Pchiddy being himself getting some interesting questions.

eta. Will he be accused of lying when he says he never took a media training course?
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 05-14-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast