Patrick Chan's Interview | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan's Interview

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
World champion Chan practising in Richmond Hill
Gold medalist works with choreographer to perfect his skills

Having been put through the paces by Nichol during a three-hour skate that started at 9 a.m., he took a quick break to speak with media and pose for photographs with Mayor Dave Barrow.

Before playfully swapping his gold medal for the mayor’s chain of office, Chan continued to rave about the local facility.

Apart from the gold-medal performance, the four-time Canadian champion is coming off two weekend shows in Brampton and will travel to China and South Korea for shows in June and July, before the next grand prix skating season begins in the fall.

Still delighting in his world title, Chan called that result a perfect end to the season, though he’s now taking steps to defend his title and hopefully continue what some media are calling the “Chan dynasty”.

“A gold and world record is great and I worked hard for it, but no, I’m not satisfied. I don’t really know when I will be satisfied. I guess that’s a good thing,” said Chan with a laugh.

“I want to dominate,” he explained, with a cool confidence, “I think that’s a good start to satisfaction."

Yes, that is a good start.

What show is he going to do in Korea? I know he will be taking part in Artristry On Ice in China and Taipei, with Yagudin and Weir :), among others.