Thread: Ilinykh & Katsalapov switch coaches

Hybrid View

Ilinykh & Katsalapov switch coaches

Ilinykh & Katsalapov switch coaches. New coach - Morozov.
    I'll post more once I see more.

Custom Title
    I don't think anyone saw their placing at worlds as acceptable.
    Last edited by gmyers; 05-12-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Oh no =(

Custom Title
    I read this coaching change at FSUniverse site, though I thought it wasn't finalized, yet.

I think the coaching change is a good idea. I am just not sure if Morozov would be the best coach for them.

It hasn't been officially confirmed, but at his point it seems a fait accompli. It seems like their only other option was Linichuk & Karponosov, and that wouldn't be better than anything else. I'm not sure why Platov wasn't considered.
    Zhulin apparently made some remarks recently about the lack of appropriate work ethic on the part of I&K. After that, the rift seems a foregone conclusion.
    I can't say I'm too happy about the choice of new coach. I don't recall - does Morozov have any high profile assistants (such as Volkov who's working with Zhulin)?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Can we please all take a moment to boggle at how Ice Dancing is currently Russia's weakest discipline in the sport and will probably remain that way up through 2014?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka View Post
    It hasn't been officially confirmed, but at his point it seems a fait accompli. It seems like their only other option was Linichuk & Karponosov, and that wouldn't be better than anything else. I'm not sure why Platov wasn't considered.
    Zhulin apparently made some remarks recently about the lack of appropriate work ethic on the part of I&K. After that, the rift seems a foregone conclusion.
    I can't say I'm too happy about the choice of new coach. I don't recall - does Morozov have any high profile assistants (such as Volkov who's working with Zhulin)?
    What about Maxim Stavinski(spell?)? He has excellent technique and ideas. I hope they can stay with Zhulin. But if they want to change, hopefully they get improved.

Wasn't it during an I/K fluff, Elena's mother said U/Z was her favorite team? I don't remember where the link is now but it was not long before World.

On FSU, a lot of posters said Morozov did bad programs. Did he create P/T's SP (Pearl Fisher or something) that everyone enjoyed?