Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Ilinykh & Katsalapov switch coaches

Tripping on the Podium
    One can't compare the US training conditions to those in Russia. Most Russian skaters depend on Federation support in EVERYTHING. Hence, Russian athletes has very little choice but abide to what they are being told. Especially elite athletes. While I don't particularly like that, I also don't think the Federation would like the athletes to fail. And while athletes may not like it, it may be the best option for them to follow the lead, especially when you are young 16 y.o kid.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kensal View Post
    One can't compare the US training conditions to those in Russia. Most Russian skaters depend on Federation support in EVERYTHING. Hence, Russian athletes has very little choice but abide to what they are being told. Especially elite athletes. While I don't particularly like that, I also don't think the Federation would like the athletes to fail. And while athletes may not like it, it may be the best option for them to follow the lead, especially when you are young 16 y.o kid.
    Elena is 17 and Nikita will be 20 in a few weeks, so they aren't THAT young, really. And it seems like they have some issues with the training situation in Russia.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Didn't Elena spend some time with S&Z before she went back to Russia & teamed up with Nikita? If so, perhaps she has expectations of her Russian coaches & support team based on what Team S&Z were doing that are not realistic?

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Oh me nerves..i'm here between periods. My hockey team is going into overtime

Doris - That's an interesting thought. She was in Canton. Somewhere, I read it was for 2 yrs...but I don't know if that can possibly be right.

Custom Title
    Somewhere, colleen? Why, it was on Golden Skate itself.

But before the 2014 Olympic Games, a lot of other competitions will come. The dancers both love competing and traveling to competitions all over the world and they can't wait to meet Olympic Champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir and Olympic silver medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White. Elena Ilinykh actually knows these two teams quite well as she has trained in Marina Zueva's and Igor Shpilband's group for about two years. "I adore them. They are great - as athletes as well as as people," she pointed out. Ilinykh spent her time in Shpilband's camp alone without Katsalapov as the two had separated at this time.
    ..also, I really hope your hockey team isn't the San Jose Sharks :D

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    If my team had been the Sharks, it wouldn't have been safe to step outdoors in my neighbourhood ! That was a nail biter ,but WOO HOO ! Go, 'Nucks, go !

So my I/K information came from an impeccable source , after all.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    I wish they had gone to Platov instead of Morozov.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8