Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ilinykh & Katsalapov switch coaches

Custom Title
    There are a lot of differences that made D&W placement less horrible than I/K's. If you are looking at it by country you had Bebin and Agosto doing well and for V&M you had D/L. It's not like Russia had something like the US or Canada in 2007 in 2011. And even in 2011 two teams from the US made the podium so that didn't even hurt the Shibutani's like it might have in 2007. I/K were 7th and B/S were 6th. The field was wide open and the combination of people saying I/K's programs were terrible and their own mistakes took them out of the running. So changes in everything were necessary and they can't be seen as having done well.

Custom Title
    I don't understand your logic re: I/K's placement. The 7th is nothing to feel defensive about. If anything else, Russian federation's overhyping I/K, together with an unexpected home country worlds, did not necessarily do favor to I/K.

I/K are very talented team, just like the Shibs and P/I of Canada. I just wish all these teams continue to grow and thrill us fans with excellent programs.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^^^
    This.

That's my hope, too.

Banned
    This season show, that was hard for I-K to skate senior FD yet. And there lifts wasnt good too.
    With Morozov they will improve there physical conditions and could safe speed during all FD, made lifts look easy. That what this team need to do now. So Morozov could help them with this at this point. In the future they could work with more creative choreographer and will take gold in Sochi

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    They have a great chance so long as they can avoid having Tarasova tinkering with their Olympic programs, as she did with K&N last year.

Banned
    Kh-N didnt had such i good overall skating level, like I-K have. They simply even dont need any difficult liftes, because they could skate so fast and show such a greate body lines.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    I don't understand your logic re: I/K's placement. The 7th is nothing to feel defensive about. If anything else, Russian federation's overhyping I/K, together with an unexpected home country worlds, did not necessarily do favor to I/K.

I/K are very talented team, just like the Shibs and P/I of Canada. I just wish all these teams continue to grow and thrill us fans with excellent programs.
    7th for first outing at worlds is a very good result. A top 10 before COP era was usually considered very, very good. Eeven Torvill and Dean debuted outside of top 10.
    COP made it much easier to come in your first world higher, as protocols don't factor in that much in this system as they used to do.
    So I/K should be content with what they have accomplished and look at where they have to improve.
    If some of their fans think they can reach the V/M, and D/W level, in one or two years, then they should think twice. Again, such a long partnership of hard working and also very talented athletes, is hard to overcome by a relatively new team, no matter how talented they are.

Banned
    First of all, Shibs won bronz at there first senior WCh. I think they made a new history. Who else took medal at WCh in 16 at first trip to Worlds?
    So i think in two years this could be team hard to overcome, if they have such a high results in so young age.
    So I-K first of all must to try be close to the Shibs. And only after that they will have a chance to take medals at WChs and gold at OG 2014. All could be, but all depend from there health, how hard they will work, and how fate will be kind with them

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    Kh-N didnt had such i good overall skating level, like I-K have. They simply even dont need any difficult liftes, because they could skate so fast and show such a greate body lines.
    I/K do have good speed. But I have to wonder if this is partly because they skate side-by-side much of the time, instead of in traditional facing dance holds. Many commentators have pointed out that it's much easier to maintain speed in side-by-side positions than in facing holds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    I/K do have good speed. But I have to wonder if this is partly because they skate side-by-side much of the time, instead of in traditional facing dance holds. Many commentators have pointed out that it's much easier to maintain speed in side-by-side positions than in facing holds.
    I could only say, that in SD they had very greate speed at WCh, but at the end maybe they lost it a little, but speed look really impressive.
    But in FD - they didnt show speed, powewr and lifts. Thats why i said they need to work on physical condition.
    At CoR it was the same - they could show clean FD.
    But we talking about very yuong team - they will have all this during the time

Tripping on the Podium
    this year's I/K results were catastrophic. They goal was not to finish below S/S. But not only I/K finish behind them in 7th, but they main competition got to 3rd place. So no surprise with this news.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kensal View Post
    this year's I/K results were catastrophic. They goal was not to finish below S/S. But not only I/K finish behind them in 7th, but they main competition got to 3rd place. So no surprise with this news.
    Assuming that's I/k's goal, I am not sure if receiving coaching from Morozov would be a step up from Zhulin. I just haven't seen any standstanding ice dance choreography from Morozov.

I wish I/K good luck though.

Custom Title
    I sorta understand both sides. I agree there is cause for concern, regardless of the weight of expectations. But I also wonder if this is throwing the baby out with the bathwater a little bit.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I sorta understand both sides. I agree there is cause for concern, regardless of the weight of expectations. But I also wonder if this is throwing the baby out with the bathwater a little bit.

Banned
    I think I-K results for there debute season in seniors are greate. Yes, Shibs have better results, but do you remember - last season Shibs even couldnt take medal at JWCh. So things change very quikly.
    I think its good thing, if Elena and Nikita understand there weak points and want to fix it.
    As for Zhulin. At CoR was folks, if he will not spend more time with I-K - Federation will give this team to other coach.
    The main problem was - they have one 4 hours traning session and this was hard for such a young skaters. All other team have two 2 hours traning sessions. And Zhulin was asked to change this.
    I feel sorry for him now, because cant understand, if Federation didnt let him work with P-B, why they thake off I-K from him too? But he really spend a lot off time in TV shows.
    And as for results. I think better take it easy. Virtue was pushed a lot - and in 21 had two surgeries. D-W wasnt push a lot, have time for grow and the result is the same with V-M, but they are still healthy. So better for I-K stay healthy (IMHO)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast