Are you going to go there??? | Golden Skate

Are you going to go there???

kasia16

On the Ice
I'm so exited - I will be there...
If you're planning to go to Dortmund write...

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
2004 World Figure Skating Champs

Hey, where is the city Cracow? I was just curious!

kasia16

On the Ice
Dear Ice Princess...

Cracow (in Polish Krakow) is in Poland :) Quite big country in middle - eastern Europe...
greetings kasia

indiaskye1

Rinkside
I am going to Dortmund for Worlds with a few friends ... we have all-event tickets, and I am already really excited.

I've been to a few Grand Prix's over the past few years, but nothing as big as Worlds.

Can't wait to meet all my favorite skaters again :D

Vanessa

Tove

On the Ice
I'm not sure, as we're going to Euros, and probably won't have any money left after...but we were talking about taking the train down, just to watch mens long or something....

berthes ghost

Final Flight
me too

I'm going, but just to the ladies events.

I'd love to see S&Z live, but every single other pair bores me to tears, so it didn't seem worth the money/time off work.

I've seen most of the men live already in other events, and quite frankly, yet another event where dull-as-dishwater Plushy waltzes away with the top prize sans competition wasn't really tempting.

I've actually had to promise "Mr" berthes ghost never to subject him to an Ice Dance event again. :laugh:

I'm going with an all event ticket.
:)

I like figure skating and at Worlds, I see so many skaters I will not see on TV.:)

I also get quite emotional watching skaters' mishaps and triumphs..:cry: :love:

I get caught up in the 'roar of the crowd'.:D

I have too many perceived 'great' skaters on my list whom I must see LIVE.:love:

I'll also tape the ABC events while I am away and concentrate on the 'second' view of why that particular skater did not get the marks, I would have given him/her:confused:

Joe

Tove

On the Ice
Joesitz, that's exactly how I do it, only at Europeans...
me and my friends were discussing where we were going to travel this year, since both worlds and euros are in Europe, but we decided for Budapest, since all my faves are europeans (like 99% of them)...but my mum is stuck by the VCR while I'm away, taping everything....and then I get back home, and I'm in total twilight zone for several weeks, living in the sky.....

I can't blame you Tove, for going to Euros. I had to make the decision between the two also. These things cost money.

For me, it's Worlds to see the Japanese Ladies moreso than any of the Euro Ladies except Maniachenko, whom I like very much.

The Dance is pretty much European wins, but I'd like to see B&A do a top 5 and maybe Gregory and Putchukov a top 10. Just my patriotic mood here.

The Pairs are S&Z; the Boys are Plush. But that's my reasoning for Worlds over Euros.

Joe

berthes ghost

Final Flight
I had to make the decision between the two also.

Decisions, decisions! Other factors: Worlds is almost twice the price of Euros and Dortmund is no where near as interesting a city as Budapest.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
berthes ghost said:
Decisions, decisions! Other factors: Worlds is almost twice the price of Euros and Dortmund is no where near as interesting a city as Budapest.
I agree about the cities, although the beer in Dortmund should be superb! I'm going to Worlds, all-event ticket. Here's hoping the CD is the blues :)

adamlondon

On the Ice
ill be there

ill be there after some last minute booking on the internet and phone. is there going to be a forum meet or something? i'm trying to get some of the Michelle Kwan Forum people to meet up

Iris the Virus 2

Spectator
hockeyfan228 said:
I agree about the cities, although the beer in Dortmund should be superb! I'm going to Worlds, all-event ticket. Here's hoping the CD is the blues :)

I guess you've never visited Cologne(huge City about 80km away from Dortmund)then you would know what a good beer is all about:D

Iris

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Iris the Virus 2 said:
I guess you've never visited Cologne(huge City about 80km away from Dortmund)then you would know what a good beer is all about:D

Iris
I have had beer in Cologne, but the best beer I had in Germany -- granted, that was in 1977 -- was Kurfursten, a local brew made in Bonn :)

Iris the Virus 2

Spectator
Jokingly I would like to say,"Isn't that the same,lol"
Fun aside,have you ever drunk the Beer,called "Früh"in that Pub called the same way near the Colone Cathedrale?
For me,and I'm from here,it's the best one you could get here.
Iris

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Iris the Virus 2 said:
Jokingly I would like to say,"Isn't that the same,lol"
Fun aside,have you ever drunk the Beer,called "Früh"in that Pub called the same way near the Colone Cathedrale?
For me,and I'm from here,it's the best one you could get here.
Iris
Sounds like it's time to board the ICE and take a little field trip to Cologne! Thanks for the tip :)

skategirlnyc

Spectator
i'm going!

I'm going to worlds.. all event ticket. How aer you just going to one ladies event? all the way to Germany for one event?

have you guys seen the coahces breakfast?
cant wait to meet robin wagner and evgeny platov and moskvina!
www.fireworksICS.com