Thread: Ashley Wagner and Caroline Zhang ?

Hybrid View

Rinkside

Ashley Wagner and Caroline Zhang ?

With most of the focus and attention geared towards Alissa, Mirai, Rachael, and the newbies. I started thinking about Ashley and Caroline. Do you think these two have a chance to make the podium at next years nationals and possibly be selected for the national team for the 2012 Worlds ?

Custom Title
    Gee, I always hope that people who have shown promise will continue to do so. I'm especially fond of Caroline, and she has many excellent qualities to her skating. I hate to think she's fizzled out.

Custom Title
    Of the two, Ashley has the better chance of making the podium, but I'd say her chances are none too good if she doesn't stop doublefooting her jumps. She got < from the US tech team at Nationals, and would get < and << from ISU tech teams.

Caroline has gotten slower than ever, and she also has a UR problem. Her skating is lackluster, as if she doesn't believe in herself and is just going through the motions. Sorry, I don't see her anywhere near the podium unless she's undergone a major makeover.

IMO, Nagasu, Gao and Zawadzki are the frontrunners for the 2012 podium. And of course you can add in Flatt, if she fully recovers from her injury and is back in top shape.

Custom Title
    Why not Czisny?

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    How tall are Ashley and Caroline?

I think Ashley might make the podium, but unless something major happens, I don't think Caroline will be on it. She looks like she doesn't really care anymore sometimes. I think she's on her way out of the top with Alexe Gilles, unless something major happens on Gilles' end too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    How tall are Ashley and Caroline?
    Ashley is like 5'2"-5'3" and Caroline 5'4"-5'5" maybe? Somewhere around there, both pretty normal heights for a singles skater

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtsmith123 View Post
    With most of the focus and attention geared towards Alissa, Mirai, Rachael, and the newbies. I started thinking about Ashley and Caroline. Do you think these two have a chance to make the podium at next years nationals and possibly be selected for the national team for the 2012 Worlds ?
    Nope.

I've seen the two of them fail to improve and in Caroline's case dramatically deteriorate for too long to hold out much hope.

But neither of them seem to be giving up and so if they prove me wrong I will be thrilled for them!