Ashley Wagner and Caroline Zhang ? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner and Caroline Zhang ?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think read somewhere that her short program was choreographed by David Wilson (don't remember any more details sorry).

I like the sound of that! I hope she can sort out her freeskate problems by Nationals, at least somewhat.

burntBREAD

Medalist
From Sylvia at FSU

"Caroline Zhang's SP music is "The Rushing Wings of Dawn" by Tim Janis, choreographed by David Wilson (Alissa Czisny skated her SP to this music way back in 2001-02 and 2002-03) -- link to the song so you can hear what the piece it sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iSyQcnbDaY

Leah Keiser's SP was choreographed by Lori Nichol to Saint-Saens' "Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso."

Vanessa Lam's SP was last year's "Time to Say Goodbye" (instrumental version).

Leah Keiser's FS music is from the Dr. Zhivago film soundtrack (including "Lara's Theme"), Vanessa Lam's FS is "familiar classical music," and that Caroline Zhang may have kept her Dvorak cello concerto FS from this past season."

Those sound like interesting programs, especially Zhang's. Dvorak is one of my favorite composers, and the cello concerto is a top favorite piece of mine. I hope I get the chance to see them, and that Zhang does them well sometime in the season--in fact, many times during the season. Fingers are crossed!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Thanks to burntBREAD for reposting my info.

Does anyone know if she is still training in Riverside
Caroline Zhang trained at Riverside when she was with Tammy Gambill. Zhang's current coaches are Peter Oppegard and Karen Kwan-Oppegard, who are based in in Artesia.

I posted the link to the official USFS press release about Ashley Wagner's coaching change (dated 6/14) in a separate thread: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?34523-Ashley-Wagner-changes-coaches-to-John-Nicks

Last edited:

Binthere

On the Ice
:yay: My favorite US lady skater goes to one of my favorite coaches :thumbsup:

Please both, may we see many happy faces in K&C :)

I love both Ashley and Mr. Nicks' candor. Can't wait for the exchanges. Will make for some fun K&C and press conference moments, no doubt about it! :biggrin:

cornell08

Final Flight
Anyone else surprised but pleased Caroline got a GP assignment? And Skate America at that! I wonder how she is training these days. Any updates would be appreciated!

skfan

Final Flight
Anyone else surprised but pleased Caroline got a GP assignment? And Skate America at that! I wonder how she is training these days. Any updates would be appreciated!

me :)

for me she has something special, and it isn't the pearl spin. i still hope to see it again some day :)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was indeed surprised to see Caroline getting SA. But that's all she can get, since her SB is below the minimum score for ladies.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Personally, she should be thrilled she gets any GP assignment. Her scores were awful across the board last year, so much so that I truly didn't believe she would get an invite at all. I hope she skates well there, but she'll have some pretty tough competition...

czfan

Rinkside

I knew she wouldn't get two, but one didn't surprise me at all.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I was happy Caroline got an assignment. It's still actually possible she could be invited to another event if someone else withdraws, but she would have to skate very well.