Aaron starts to hit his stride | Golden Skate

Aaron starts to hit his stride

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For Max Aaron, the 2010-11 season may well be the turning point in his young skating career. After battling a potentially career-ending injury just two seasons ago, the 19-year-old is starting to hit his competitive stride. With a full season on international competition under his belt for the first time, Aaron is starting to fit in with some of the world's best competitors, and his record is beginning to show it.

http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/05/aaron-starts-to-hit-his-stride/

Last edited by a moderator:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The problem for Max is that he is going to find it tough to move up internationally. Max has aged out of Juniors, and he isn't in a great position to get a GP assignment, given that there are 12 less slots for men this coming season. Max is 48th on the ISU World Ranking, and 36th on the Seasons Best list. His best shot would be a host pick.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
The problem for Max is that he is going to find it tough to move up internationally. Max has aged out of Juniors, and he isn't in a great position to get a GP assignment, given that there are 12 less slots for men this coming season. Max is 48th on the ISU World Ranking, and 36th on the Seasons Best list. His best shot would be a host pick.

I bet he can probably get 1 assignment and then maybe SA or a senior B on top of it.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Also hoping for his first Senior Grand Prix assignment is Keegan Messing, who is #28 in the ISU World Standings and one spot ahead of Max Aaron on the ISU Season Best scores list (Messing was 4th to Aaron's 5th at Junior Worlds).

ETA from the Max Aaron article:
"I am definitely moving up to the senior level both nationally and internationally," he revealed. "We are working on putting a quad into the long program, or even two. Having a quad is necessary since the top men in the world are starting to do two. I'm also working on improving my second mark by keying in on making the artistry and movement more fluid in my programs."
Apparently Aaron is landing quad Salchows in practice, according to a recent tweet by Sarah and Drew.

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Interesting that Max & Keegan are both way above Ross Miner in the standings. Does this mean that the #11 man at Worlds won't compete in next season's GP series?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
In the past, the top 12 finishers in each discipline at Worlds were guaranteed 2 GP assignments each -- we'll have to wait and see if that will remain the same for next season. In any case, Ross Miner is #16 on the ISU Season Best scores list so he should get at least 1 GP no matter what.