St Petersburg Ice Show May 2 (Streamcast video stock) | Golden Skate

St Petersburg Ice Show May 2 (Streamcast video stock)

sorcerer

Final Flight
Thanks to tusjka at Miki's forum:

http://www.tv100.ru/video/view/51149/

A must-see.
Earnest and beautiful performances by every single skater.
A VERY good job at production, staging, art direction, and editing for TV.

Спасибо, Санкт-Петербург !
Был впечатлен !!

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you, that was great. Nice to see the synchronize skaters, they were terrific. Excellent skating from everyone,
a very nice tribute to Japan. Loved it!

mot

On the Ice
I've just watched it too. Astonished that Miki was given the last slot to perform, even though they had Plushy! The finale using a Japanese song was lovely. And they broadcast the entire speech by a Japanese gentleman, at the expense of some skaters... I am absolutely touched... And they organised this all in a month? Russian's got a knack in organising figure skating event for sure.

Yes, much gratitude to Russia from me too.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
And they broadcast the entire speech by a Japanese gentleman
I assume you are talking about the Consul General of Japan in St-Petersburg. He has an excellent Russian, said a lot of good words and thanked for the help. The show was gorgeous and beautiful. One glitch- they used videos of disaster with tsunami and ruined cities, even if they knew that the Embassy of Japan in Moscow objected to use videos of disaster during the opening of Worlds, saying that it might cause negative feelings among Japanese fans. In Moscow they had to remove those videos. But in St-Petersburg they were there. Not sure if it was the right choice.
Plush advocated that the next Cup of Russia should be in St-Petersburg, since the Worlds was in Moscow, the next turn for the major FS international event belongs to St-Petersburg. I agree!!!

sorcerer

Final Flight
Thank you let's talk.

I'll write my greatfulness to the federation, but ouch, must I use google translate? Maybe better to write it in English .....