What Happened Last Night??? | Golden Skate

What Happened Last Night???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know why we didn't get to see the Cup of Russian men's & pairs SP? and do you know if we will get to see them? I was really disappointed that they showed Lalique over again. What is going on?:mad: :mad:

Dee :( :(

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Herm for the link. I will post my opinion there too. Ok, here is another question----why does Uncle Dick & Auntie Peggy only do commentary for SA & SC??

Dee

IceCastles1814

Rinkside
Thanks Herm for the link. I will post my opinion there too. Ok, here is another question----why does Uncle Dick & Auntie Peggy only do commentary for SA & SC??

SA, SC, and I think usually the GPF (definitely this year because it's in the U.S.). I don't know why they only do those events, maybe because Dick is older and doesn't want to travel as much or maybe as well ABC has contracts with Susie Wynne and Peter Curruthers to have them do the other events. Maybe a little of both. I guess it works out okay. I'd imagine though that Dick and Peggy will make the journey to Germany for Worlds next year.

As for the COR broadcast, I'm hoping that there'll be a repeat since they started doing that with lalique. I'm not sure if or when it would come on, probably unannounced because the listings don't keep up with schedules changes this abrupt. If not, I'm happy I got to tape the Dance ODs and Ladies SPs at least, but I think emails to ESPN are definitely in order. It would be nice to at least get an explanation/apology for the mix-up and for them to re-air it in its entirity if that's possible (I've heard theories that there could be problems with the mens/pairs taped portions, so who knows).

I understand gliches happen, but at least let the viewers know what happened and what the station can/will do to correct it.