Thread: GP series and Seasons Best Scores

Hybrid View

nefertiti..reincarnate

GP series and Seasons Best Scores (Re: B comps)

I'd like to confirm:

Seasons best scores, as seen in
    http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/...11/sbtslto.htm
    do not include international B comps.

The announcement of the GP/GPFinal citing
    "seasonal best scores"
    refers to the above in describing the
    "DESIGNATION OF THE SKATERS" (Seeded skaters, Invited skaters, etc).

So the international B comps have only two meanings in regards of GPs and that is the World Standings 1-24, and the prospected "minimum score" to be implemented.

The last point is very ambiguous in that the B comps are or aren't counted into Seasons Best Scores. Perhaps when talking about the "minimum score" one should stay away from pronouncing "Seasons Best".
    Last edited by sorcerer; 05-24-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Custom Title
    It is true that (except for host picks) skaters MUST be on the SB list to get a GP invitation. But The minimum score may be met at ANY ISU competition.

Skaters/teams whose SB score fell below the minimum could attempt to make the minimum score at an early-season competition before the GP (Nebelhorn, Nepela, Finlandia). While a much better score wouldn't get them a GP assignment (which will be given out at the ISU GP meeting 6/24-26), it could at least put them on the substitute list.

BTW, the minimum score has been re-defined as 2/3 of the top TES score per discipline. Skaters would have to meet the minimum SP TES and the minimum FS TES.

MEN: 34.34, 64.33
    LADIES: 21.99, 43.86
    PAIRS: 26.74, 48.65
    DANCE: 25.31, 35.87

For example, MARLEY / BRUBAKER, who are #24 on the SB list, do not meet the minimum SP TES (their SB is 23.60), although their FS TES (SB 51.35) is well above the minimum. They could still get a host pick spot at SA, but to get a possible 2nd assignment, they would have to meet the minimum SP TES score at SA to be placed on the substitute list. Another alternative would be for M/B to compete at Nebelhorn, Nepela or Finlandia and achieve the minimum SP TES there, prior to their SA assignment.
    Last edited by chuckm; 05-24-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    BTW, the minimum score has been re-defined as 2/3 of the top TES score per discipline. Skaters would have to meet the minimum SP TES and the minimum FS TES.
    "Re-defined" by whom? Are you referring to SUN's post (#52) in the GP Pre-announcement discussion thread at FSU? http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=78719&page=3
    Until the 2011-12 ISU Grand Prix Announcement is published, nothing is known for certain.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Until the 2011-12 ISU Grand Prix Announcement is published, nothing is known for certain.
    Yes, but could you tell me the whereabouts of the origin of this information on "minimum scores"?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    Yes, but could you tell me the whereabouts of the origin of this information on "minimum scores"?
    Apparently this was published in the German skating magazine "Pirouette" in early 2011 and I first read about it on FSU -- go to post #1 on the first page of the thread I linked to above.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Thank you Sylvia.
    Yes those kinds of chages do not always seem to pass the Council as prospected.

BTW this is not the year for ISU biannual Congress, what do they have in June? Just Council meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    It is true that (except for host picks) skaters MUST be on the SB list to get a GP invitation. But The minimum score may be met at ANY ISU competition.

Skaters/teams whose SB score fell below the minimum could attempt to make the minimum score at an early-season competition before the GP (Nebelhorn, Nepela, Finlandia). While a much better score wouldn't get them a GP assignment (which will be given out at the ISU GP meeting 6/24-26), it could at least put them on the substitute list.

MEN: 34.34, 64.33
    LADIES: 21.99, 43.86
    PAIRS: 26.74, 48.65
    DANCE: 25.31, 35.87

For example, MARLEY / BRUBAKER, who are #24 on the SB list, do not meet the minimum SP TES (their SB is 23.60), although their FS TES (SB 51.35) is well above the minimum. They could still get a host pick spot at SA, but to get a possible 2nd assignment, they would have to meet the minimum SP TES score at SA to be placed on the substitute list. Another alternative would be for M/B to compete at Nebelhorn, Nepela or Finlandia and achieve the minimum SP TES there, prior to their SA assignment.
    My basic algebra has disappeared with everything else I had at one time.

I presume you give the resuls of the 2/3 top score of the Mens. SP 34.34 and LP and LP 64.33. Can you give the top score which was used to to get that top score and who was it? I don't trust my simple algebra.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Joe, I think chuckm or someone he quoted from has miscalculated.
    The Highest TES SP last season is of Chan's 51.48, so 2/3 is 34.32,
    and the same on FS last season is of Kozuka's 98.53, so 2/3 is 65.69.

Sylvia, so that means the annual Council meeting is also in Paris at the same time, I suppose.

Thank you sorcerer. It's just nice to know who set the standard for the 2/3, I was thinking of Chan when I questioned it.

So the unseeded skaters must make 2/3 of Chan's scores, pluse somewhere on the ISU List of Season's Best Is that correct?

nefertiti..reincarnate
    That's NOT enough, Joe.

You must, mostly, make 2/3 of Kozuka's highest FS TES;

and separately, 2/3 of Chan's highest SP TES;

and these will automatically put you above the necessary 75th place on SB list for men.