Pang/Tong resume throw quad training! | Golden Skate

Pang/Tong resume throw quad training!

Ilvskating

Final Flight
According to http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2011-05-27/08365594419.shtml
P/T plan to resume training their throw quad to be more competitive. They want to continue improving their presentation as well. This is ambitious! They are 31 already.

Personally I think they need to improve their consistency in side by side jumps, that's where they lost most of the points. But I'm sure that's part of their plan too.

Good luck and be safe!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Risky. But with V/T they need to do something. It is very difficult. S/Z never actually did one.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
funny I just watched Shen/Zhao's and Zhang/Zhang's olympic quad attempts, both were so sad in their own ways. I don't think Pang and Tong can be really serious about the quad at their ages. Skate clean and they have a great chance of winning. they don't need the quad. ALiona and Robin are hardly ever 100% clean.

lcd

Match Penalty
Their throw triples are done with such ease, this seems hardly surprising. It is a tad disappointing though, that the path they seem to be pursuing to scale the top one more time, though, is the acrobatic, rather than artistic. I think they are in the position to chose either, and given all of our heart-felt concerns about injuries, I would much prefer them to explore ways to push the envelope artistically. Pairs could really use this IMO.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
funny I just watched Shen/Zhao's and Zhang/Zhang's olympic quad attempts, both were so sad in their own ways. I don't think Pang and Tong can be really serious about the quad at their ages. Skate clean and they have a great chance of winning. they don't need the quad. ALiona and Robin are hardly ever 100% clean.

Pang & Tong are even less likely to skate a clean long program than the Germans are. And Volosozhar & Trankov will definitely improve by then, and being on home ice will be politiked hard for the gold whether they are World Champs going in or not (same with K&S possibly). So Pang & Tong would need something like the quad throw to win in Sochi. In Vancouver they skated the best they ever have, the top 3 teams all made unusual mistakes, and they still only got the silver.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Their throw triples are done with such ease, this seems hardly surprising. It is a tad disappointing though, that the path they seem to be pursuing to scale the top one more time, though, is the acrobatic, rather than artistic. I think they are in the position to chose either, and given all of our heart-felt concerns about injuries, I would much prefer them to explore ways to push the envelope artistically. Pairs could really use this IMO.

I am sure if they continue they will try to improve further artistically as well.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Pang & Tong are even less likely to skate a clean long program than the Germans are. And Volosozhar & Trankov will definitely improve by then, and being on home ice will be politiked hard for the gold whether they are World Champs going in or not (same with K&S possibly). So Pang & Tong would need something like the quad throw to win in Sochi. In Vancouver they skated the best they ever have, the top 3 teams all made unusual mistakes, and they still only got the silver.

They did win the FS though. Shen and Zhao only made a mistake in the FS (on the lift), IIRC.

yqs100

On the Ice

disagree, the only clean program the germans skated in big events was this year word's.....

Saw a news today, Tong clarified: this is only their plan,,, havent come to practice yet, it will depend on their body conditions etc.... so wont be used in recent competitions, and they will make sure everything is in order....

for me,,, it is more practical if they can improve the transition, skating skill and lifts,,rather than doing the quad//

But given the fact that S/S, K/S, P/T are all trying to do quad throw, will it be a trend for Pairs???:rolleye:

Binthere

On the Ice
I love how they are relentless in raising the bar. Shows a true passion. They are incredible athletes. My family saw them at Cup of China in the past. A throw quad seems very much within the scope of their abilities.