Detroit Skating Club Show to support Japan | Golden Skate

Detroit Skating Club Show to support Japan

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here is a link to the Detroit Skating Club. They will be putting on a show in support of Japan with Davis/White, Alissa C., the Shibutani's (yay), Akiko Suzuki and T. Kozuka.

http://dscclub.com/main.html

Shows are scheduled for June 9 - 12, 2011. There is a number to call for tickets.

Does anyone know if the seating at Detroit Skating Club is bleachers?

Sylvia

Record Breaker

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Anyone planning on attending one of these shows next week? Reports would be welcomed! :)

Arianne

On the Ice
I'm going on Saturday. I'm not sure that many of the "stars" will be there that day. I was hoping Abbott would be there! I can give a report from Saturday!

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Thanks Arianne! I heard that Ice Network photos are on their way from last night's show :)

Arianne

On the Ice
Wow! The Thursday show looked awesome!!! Excited to see the 1:00 Saturday show today! Just about to head out!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I posted 2 reviews at FSU. Here is a link http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79107&page=2 My first review is #27 and another follows a little further down. I just loved the show! Had a great time and took some notes, but my goodness, I had no idea they would have so many skaters. The little ones were tiny and quite amusing. The soloists from the DSC showed a lot of energy and determination. You could see how much they loved what they were doing.

My special reason for attending was to see Akiko Suzuki and I just loved her performance. I also got to see the beautiful and gifted Yuka Sato skate...still with great quiet edges and wonderful flow on the ice. Such a tragedy in Japan but I was glad to go and help with a contribution....and see Akiko.

Arianne

On the Ice
I went to the Saturday afternoon show. It was a ton of fun! We didn't see many of the "big name" skaters, but it was my first time visiting the DSC and it was neat to see their facility and their programs. I absolutely LOVED Weaver and Poje! I think they might be my new favorite team. They just have something very special about them and seem to be great people as well! The little kid programs and the junior skaters were great to watch as well. The Italian team (Stephania and Ondrej) were also awesome! Stephania has great extension!