Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 76

Thread: Crone & Poirier announce split and future plans ...

  1. #16
    Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784
    shariano..yes, it might have been Ice Partner Search, but she's removed her profile. I thought it was a part of brief article from a small paper , reporting she and Sebastien Buron had split , and she would be coached by Carol Lane. Since they'd been with Marcotte , I thought it odd , with no partner in the mix..

    While looking for the piece though , Google sent me to Rachel's twitter..She tweets back and forth with Kelly Oliveira..and says she's doing on ice choreo at the moment..so, where and with whom I wonder ?

    Pogue.. Thanks...sometimes I have to run and look in the mirror to see if I've grown a wart on my long green nose..

    ETA; oops.. I meant to ask , is it true ( as per FSU) that Oliveira & Hockley have split as well ?
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 06-02-2011 at 09:16 PM.

  2. #17
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    shariano..yes, it might have been Ice Partner Search, but she's removed her profile. I thought it was a part of brief article from a small paper , reporting she and Sebastien Buron had split , and she would be coached by Carol Lane. Since they'd been with Marcotte , I thought it odd , with no partner in the mix..

    While looking for the piece though , Google sent me to Rachel's twitter..She tweets back and forth with Kelly Oliveira..and says she's doing on ice choreo at the moment..so, where and with whom I wonder ?

    Pogue.. Thanks...sometimes I have to run and look in the mirror to see if I've grown a wart on my long green nose..

    ETA; oops.. I meant to ask , is it true ( as per FSU) that Oliveira & Hockley have split as well ?
    Kelly and Jordan have split
    Rachel has a new partner and they are working with Carol

  3. #18
    Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784
    fan1961... Thanks ! Do you know who Rachel's partner is ? I really like her beautiful line, lovely back , etc. , and was very sad when her pairs career was cut short. I think she could be a very promising ice dancer.

    And luck to Kelly and Jordan going ahead.

  4. #19
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24
    Hmm, how about Chock/Poirier? They would make the most stunning couple on ice. (That is, if the rumors about C/Z splitting were true.)

  5. #20
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37
    I am absolutely stunned! This team was one of my favorites. I was speaking with Vanessa at the Brampton show a few weeks back where they skated beautifully with that old spark. She was looking forward to the new year, choosing their new music and working with their choreographers on the new programs. She said they were hoping to work with Dean again and they had someone new already lined up for their short. I find it hard to believe that she would have been that enthusiastic if she was planning to quit skating a couple of weeks later. SOmething is odd here.
    Last edited by jolen; 06-03-2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: typo

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ntl View Post
    Hmm, how about Chock/Poirier? They would make the most stunning couple on ice. (That is, if the rumors about C/Z splitting were true.)
    Love this idea! I think they'd be gorgeous together. If they would compete for Canada, Madison (especially if they stay with Zoueva/Shpilband) Madi would have a better shot of making it to worlds than in the US.

  7. #22
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by jolen View Post
    I am absolutely stunned! This team was one of my favorites. I was speaking with Vanessa at the Brampton show a few weeks back where they skated beautifully with that old spark. She was looking forward to the new year, choosing their new music and working with their choreographers on the new programs. She said they were hoping to work with Dean again and they had someone new already lined up for their short. I find it hard to believe that she would have been that enthusiastic if she was planning to quit skating a couple of weeks later. SOmething is odd here.

    Such a shame for sure. If that's the case I certainly feel terrible for her. Vanessa is very approachable and friendly/bubbly. Paul, on the other hand, was just the opposite. I hope she's ok with this and that it hasn't shattered HER dreams and aspirations. :(

  8. #23
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    Such a shame for sure. If that's the case I certainly feel terrible for her. Vanessa is very approachable and friendly/bubbly. Paul, on the other hand, was just the opposite. I hope she's ok with this and that it hasn't shattered HER dreams and aspirations. :(
    Clearly, you don't really know much about him. Paul Poirier is one of the most personable, well-spoken young men I have ever met.

  9. #24
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,052
    Sorry to hear about the break up of this team, I thought they had a lot of potential. I was very surprised, but not shocked, since John and Caitlin's split, my shock value is on the
    low-side.

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStage Barbie View Post
    Love this idea! I think they'd be gorgeous together. If they would compete for Canada, Madison (especially if they stay with Zoueva/Shpilband) Madi would have a better shot of making it to worlds than in the US.
    I agree, very interesting suggestion--that is, IF Chock/Zuerlein are having any thoughts of splitting. I of course wouldn't want to wish a split on them unless they were both mutually considering it. However, if they were . . . Poirier has a good look on the ice. And it would be interesting to see how he and Madison matched up as a team. I do think Madison is very talented. Not sure if their styles would mesh. But they might look very good together on ice.

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609

  12. #27
    Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,080
    Vanessa has singles and pairs experience. What if she and Bryce...

  13. #28
    Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784
    jolen..your post makes me feel very sad , and I hope this was a mutual decision.As I said before ,Vanessa was the one on whom you could see the most obvious progress in the last year .

  14. #29
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,304
    Vanessa might be totally awesome with Bryce! Is she short enough for pairs these days? Or perhaps Bryce could learn ice dance?

  15. #30
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,524
    Vanessa is nearly as tall as Paul, who is 5'7", so she is too tall for Davison.

    Also, I don't see Madison Chock teaming up with Paul Poirier. They'd have the same problem as Matthews/Gislason. The US is unlikely to release Chock (who won the 2008-2009 JGPF and 2009 JW with Greg Zuerlein), and Canada surely won't release Poirier.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •