Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chock and Zuerlein announce end of partnership

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    The odds are against Madison for finding another partner and then getting back to a high level of competitiveness. I guess I'll have to start dating Madison Chock if I want to see her o-faces again. :(

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStage Barbie View Post
    This is a direct quote from the icenetwork article announcing the Hubbell/Hubbell split.

Keiffer is exploring his options, both on and off the ice.
    "I love Madison and the journey we have taken together," he said. "I am now excited about all the possibilities the future brings."

This leads me to believe that he hasn't formally announced retirement. Also, John Coughlin alluded to retirement when he split with Caitlin and now look what he is doing. Vanessa Crone even announced her retirement and then withdrew her statement.

The announcement said she was continuing in skating, trying her freeskate test, possibly coaching and taking some courses parttime. Paul said he was looking for a partner immediately, so it looked like she was stopping. But she never actually said she was retiring - just listing options.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Really shocking for me...in my mind I brushed off much of the rumor going around about their split because of their chemistry and successful season. However, if Greg truly does not feel the motivation to skate competitively any more, I feel like this was the best thing. He mentioned a "new chapter in life"...and when skating becomes more of a pain than enjoyment, and you are just going through the motions, then it's the right time to hang up the skates.
    Best wishes to them both, and I look forward to hearing about further developments on both of them!

I was hoping this split was nothing but rumor, but I wish them all the best.

Custom Title
    I think I’m in the twilight zone. It all seems so weird. Almost all of them seem so premature. All I can do now is just shake my head and wait for the next one to shockingly end. I don’t think this streak has ended yet.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I feel like everyone is breaking up!!!

I think what we now see is perfectly normal.A lot of couples used to split between their junior and senior years, and come to Seniors with other partners.Nowadays couples become seniors much earlier than before,so the splits are more public as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I think I’m in the twilight zone. It all seems so weird. Almost all of them seem so premature. All I can do now is just shake my head and wait for the next one to shockingly end. I don’t think this streak has ended yet.
    The shocking streak continue - Lucie Myslivečková is on IcePartnerSearch today.
    Last edited by Mattieu; 06-09-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Custom Title
    I too was hoping this was just a rumor. I loved the growth they showed last season. Still, the US has tremendous depth in dance now, thanks in part to contributions made by teams like Madison and Greg. There are a host of other teams show will benefit from this opportunity to step up. Also, this should ease Emily and Evan's comeback a bit.

Custom Title
    I personally think the hotness that is Ms Chock was to much for Greg.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattieu View Post
    The shocking streak continue - Lucie Myslivečková is on IcePartnerSearch today.
    Alas, NOOOOO!

Granted M&N had some of the silliest nervous mistakes ever sometimes, but I really liked them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2