Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Florent Amodio to Tom Zakrajsek and Ashley Wagner to John Nicks ?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Is it true that foreign skaters had to leave Russia?
    yeap, huge immigration wave Although scientists foresee the whole south hemishpere to move on the north the next decades due to temperature change. But foreign skaters will go the opposite way
    Last edited by seniorita; 06-08-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Custom Title
    This is to you seniorita.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    yeap, huge immigration wave Although scientists foresee the whole south hemishpere to move on the north the next decades due to temperature change. But foreign skaters will go the opposite way

So in no humor mode, about the foreign skaters : to my knowledge but maybe I m wrong so far the only skaters who have officially left a russian coach and "left the country" is P/B and as it came out there were more problems with Zhulin than just being from Russia. I dont know any other skater for now. By Sochi time this might change.
    Last edited by seniorita; 06-09-2011 at 02:52 AM. Reason: I ll start quoting the posts..;)

Priscilla and Ashely were like family
    Wasn't her relationship with Johnny seen the same way? I wonder if her, being the common denominator, has something more to do with it....=/

I am, however, excited to see Ashley and Nicks; Nicks became a father to Sasha. However, Sasha's nerves never quite got to OGM status, and her jumps never perfect....

.....maybe Dungjen and Sato could make some more magic with Ashley. =]

Custom Title
    Ashley to Nicks???? Wow... that is absolutely schocking! Has Nicks been training any elite ladies skaters recently? Last time I remember seeing him was Sasha's 2010 US Nats programs...

And yeah; Ashley and Priscilla were like family! Ashley lived in with her and her family. I do remember reading a vague facebook/twitter post mentioning something about change. For a moment I thought she was going to retire, but then I saw she was also talking about her new competitive programs.

No idea if it's a good move. It's clear that she needs a change. Ashley improved quite a bit under Priscilla but the past season felt like stagnation...

ETA: on Ashley's FB four hours ago: she's officially a Cali girl :-)

Florent to Tom? Weird.
    Last edited by Trewyn; 06-09-2011 at 05:56 PM.

^
    !!!!Hey! From where you post? dont tell me you came back?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    ^
    !!!!Hey! From where you post? dont tell me you came back?
    I'm still in Down Under... Internet also reaches these strange and distant regions... sometimes ^^

* I M SO JEALOUS have even more fun!

Tripping on the Podium
    FFSG RELEASE: N.MOROZOV will prepare the choreography of Florent AMODIO’s both programs for the next season in New York starting June 10th.
    The 21 years old new European Champion is quite happy to work with the coach of the reigning world champion Miki ANDO.
    This will close the rumors speaking about the end of their cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Neda View Post
    FFSG RELEASE: N.MOROZOV will prepare the choreography of Florent AMODIO’s both programs for the next season in New York starting June 10th.
    The 21 years old new European Champion is quite happy to work with the coach of the reigning world champion Miki ANDO.
    This will close the rumors speaking about the end of their cooperation.
    The problem with Morozov and the male skaters is his penhant for thinking Men need 'show' routines. A serious male skater without the 'cute' stuff will beat him. Yet for Miki he does serious routines You figure.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm surprised about Ashley's decision too, if it's true. She always seemed so close to Priscilla. I too am skeptical that John Nicks is the right move for skater whose main problem is technique on some of her jumps. And her SS could use improvement too, though.

However, maybe we are judging John Nicks too much by the flaws of the last great skater he had, Sasha. Just because Sasha never ironed out her flutz and things like that doesn't NECESSARILY mean that Nicks doesn't pay attention to things like that.

Tom Z would help Ashley with her jumping but not necessarily with her speed. On the other hand, Ashley might have been drawn to the fact that John Nicks doesn't have any A-list ladies at the moment. although, doesn't he coach Courtney Hicks?

Custom Title
    I wish Ashley would go to Raphael instead. He isn't coaching anyone noteworthy right now AFAIK and he'd really help her clean up her technique.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Tom Z would help Ashley with her jumping but not necessarily with her speed. On the other hand, Ashley might have been drawn to the fact that John Nicks doesn't have any A-list ladies at the moment. although, doesn't he coach Courtney Hicks?
    I think so, but Hicks isn't even CLOSE to "A-list" status at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2