Best Ladies LP? This year.. | Golden Skate

Best Ladies LP? This year..

I

icenut84

Re: Best Ladies LP? This year..

Do you mean the Olympic year or the new one? Oops - I just voted for Fumie thinking of the 02 season :) but I haven't seen any of the new ones. Hmm.

M

mike79

I voted for Sasha because her program seems to have more in-between skating than Michelle's. I'm sure Michelle's will get much better throughout the season, although I do like it very much.

E

eliza88

I voted for Michelle because she pulls me into her program immediately and completely. Sasha's LP gets better each time she competes (she "wows" me, but doesn't yet move me)

eliza88

S

SteveKmetko374

It was a toss up between MK and SC for me, I eventually chose MK's because it has such an airy free quality and is very pleasant to watch. Sasha's is great but heavier. Third choice is Fumie's - I love the music, outfit and choreography, she just needs to pull it all together. Fourth - AP - it is a very nice program but also still a bit immature which is OK cuz she's young. Irina - i find her LP this year to be the worst I have ever seen from her - I also find her SP horrendous. I don't know what she's thinking.

T

TimGoebelsGirl

Re: Best Ladies LP? This year

Michelle always amazes me. She just pulls me in with every performance, it has that whole 'wow, this is awesome' factor. Her new LP need a little experience though. Everytime a skater performs their program, it seems to get a little better (usually), and I think that's what'll happen for Michelle, though it's already better than the rest of the field. Second choice- Fumie. She's been a real favorite since '02 Worlds, she just has a beautiful style. I'm not really fond of Sasha's new programs, they're ok, not especially great. Ann-Patrice has some good ones though, I enjoyed them. Irina... it's just not doing it for me this year.

H

hrmsk8ngnutt

Of those listed, I have to say Sasha. But, after watching the Canadian Open this weekend I have to say Angela's Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun - absolutely beautiful and enchanting. And in second I have to say Jenny Kirk's Die Fledermaus - I just love that she was playful and flirtatious :) But, if Michelle is working on a new program I may change my mind again.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

S

SkateElectric

Sasha...

This really seems to be Sasha's year to do it; and although I've been a longtime fan of Michelle's, frankly her LP looks like vintage Kwan played to new music. Maybe it will be better at nationals. But comparing the 2 programs, Sasha's moves me while MK's leaves me flat.

E

eltamina

Re: Sasha...

LOL, I love vintage Michelle, so MK is vintage Mk, and Sasha is vintage Sasha, skating to different music. Vintage Sasha always leaves me.......(I will keep it to myself)
;)

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:large;">Sasha. </span>

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">It's hard for me to get really excited over Michelle's 4-triple program, although I thought it had enormous potential.</span>

L

lottafs

Even though I like Michelle, I have to say I like Fumie's LP. It's very flowing and I absolutely LOVE the ballet style of a music and a skating.

S

SteveKmetko374

Angela's doing "Afternoon of a faun"? Now I'm sorry I missed the Canadian Open. That music is perfect for her. Way to go Frank Carroll!

C

Callystarr

After seeings Michelle @ Nationals...definately Michelle

B

BronzeisGolden02

Michelle

I'll agree with Callystar on this. After seeing Michelle's long program at Nationals I was completely won over. I thought it had potential at Skate America, but it seemed too much in the style of "Scheherezade" and "Song of The Black Swan". While I came to like each of these programs, they were never personal favorites, and I was affraid "Aranjuez" might go along the same route. It certainly didn't! There was such joy in her face and in this routine, also some interesting choreography (I hope she adds more!), and that footwork sequence was incredible! I thought Sasha had that market cornered, but I really like the flow of Michelle's sequence much better than Sasha's. The overall feel of this program is lighter, almost playful, and I think it suits Michelle very well during this phase in her career.